Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 68

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 68 “Find Myself” by Jefferson Jay with Paul Ruiz

I was extremely inspired last week. I came up with a way for everybody alive to write songs easily. Unfortunately, my computer and business skills trail far behind my creativity and music skills, so as the next best things I wrote 12 tunes at once before I went to sleep, one in each key. I have already typed out and recorded them and I ma pretty stoked on the little batch of tunes I am calling “Welcome.”

They taught me a bit about myself, some deep secret stuff, I’m not even comfortable sharing yet. I will share the tunes though, so the particular astute followers in our Internet audience may ascertain this on their own. I’m not counting on it. No offense. I’m just highly skeptical that anyone’s paying that much attention. Maybe someday. No complaints from this guy.

I would share these jams over the next 12 days straight but I’m allowing for a March 4th diversion, primarily ‘cause I have a song called March Forth, and if I don’t share it that day, what’s the point of any of this? That is some vintage 365 logic. Good luck keeping up if you can.

So yesterday, I grappled with severe technical difficulties and a sick wife. We kept a clear and positive mindset and survived and today, she is back at the ole’ workplace. I tried to video Paul Ruiz, trumpeter extraordinaire and I playing these jams, but we only got through two before batteries banished themselves once more. No matter. Here is the one tune we got down somewhat right. Shout-outs to lemon trees and birds of paradise for their perpetual support and inspiration.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 68 “The Rainbow Connection” by Kermit the Frog

What a tune! Twas the perfect cap on “The Muppet Movie” of many moons ago. I’ve had many wonderful associations with this jam ever since. I played it often in Arcata with my man, Spencer Katzman, during the brief and highly un-boring Elin Tea era. That is a band we were in for a hot minute. aka two years-ish,

Then, when I started at my current job doing music stuff with special needs adults, one of my favorite Earthly humans requested it on the first day we met and it’s been a staple over there ever since. Last week, it was requested by some guy. Not just any old some guy, but Some Guy, Chris Sulit. It’s a long story. Well, not really, but one I find more interesting without explaining it. So, dig the righteous jam about rainbows, written long before they went in the closet, and even longer before they came out. Maybe we should just ban closets. I guess the government is doing that in a way with all their stealthy spy work. Great work, dudes.

As I stood outside my zone and played this on the street, many people heard, walking or biking by. A couple were moms with young children. Some dudes. A gal. They all had a big smile when they saw and heard me playing “Rainbow Connection.” Perhaps it's the tune or the sight of some dude outside playing guitar at sunset. Probably, both, but it just proves once again who inextricably entwined we all are. My joy enhanced their joy and then their joy enhanced my joy, all in an instant. It was a pretty neat moment. Parrots flew by and saluted me. I felt the universe smiling on my work and to be honest, that is the gratitude I get for my work and that suits me just fine. I am entitled to nothing. Not one subscriber, not one hit, not one interested party. People need to do things for their soul and for the people on the planet they inhabit. If people think things through in this manner, before acting or reacting, they will be a lot happier and like my little session just now, that will have a domino effect on the entire planet. Sure beats the heck out of grabbing as much as you can for yourself whenever you can. It's not too late. It's never too later... until it is. 

Paul Williams and Kenneth Ascher wrote this tune, not Kermit the Frog.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 68 “Greed is Gross”

I had some brilliant chunk of wisdom I was eager to share yesterday, but perhaps it elapsed cause I can’t really remember it at all. I had some other mediocre thing before that. I thought about the old expression, “the bee’s knees” yesterday and I thought I’d riff on that for a few. Then I though, “what does that even mean? Something? Is it nonsense? I have no idea.” As a tribute to how that means nothing, which it may or may not, I have no idea. I was going to do a video called “The Bee’s Nipples.” Later, something a bit more insightful and important came to me, but I forgot what it was.

I watched a movie about the profound greed that had infected our society last night. It was Best Picture nominee “The Big Short.” I liked it, but it was outrageous. If you want yet another example of how insanely corrupt our world is, watch it. Shameful. Good movie though and because I couldn’t remember, my initial bright idea and I lost interest in bee nipples, I am going to for this rant here in a second. Wish me the luck of the 1%. By that I mean, the 1% doesn’t even need luck, because they’ve rigged everything so heavily in their own favor with no regard to anyone else on the planet now or in the future. Nice job, 1%. I wish I could be a bee nipple on the wall for your ultimate talk with God, How does one explain that they felt they deserved everything for themselves more than some other people deserved a simple bite to eat. It’s wrong. Take sleeping pills. It’s the only way you’re getting any rest in this life. I don’t know about them, but I wouldn’t be able to sleep, if my own luxurious spoiled ways left folks starving the world over. Hope you enjoy those 175 cars.


No comments: