Thursday, March 10, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 77

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 77 “Bears” by Jefferson Jay


“Bears” is a hiking and camping song and it is tune 7 in my 12-song little EP called “Welcome” that I’ve been sharing over the last two week. So. many moons ago, I was hiking with my bandmates at the time and Derek and Spencer and we kept thinking bears were going to get us so we preemptively tried to scare the bears away from us with fearful jabs. It’s hard to imagine it worked because we weren’t very scary but we also didn’t get gored by bears, so it must have worked at least a little.

I remember another night camping. It may have been with the some folks, but I don’t remember. Well, we went to sleep and bears came by and rummaged through stuff.. Fortunately, one again, no one was harmed. I don’t remember that story that well. Who knows how close the bears really were. I wasn’t getting out to look. Once, we actually laid eyes on a non-zoo bear on one of our outdoor adventure. I believe Derek actually chased the cub and we snapped a picture or two and lived. Mama Bear stayed unseen.

So this one goes out to all you outdoor enthusiasts. I miss being one of you. I have no good reason that I haven’t been recently really. Maybe these are the songs that bring me back. I hope. The moral of this number is “beware of bears out there.”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 77 “A Hard Day’s Night” by The Beatles

Here's a Beatles jam. I was still dressed in my bear-suit from the first jam. Enjoy!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 77 “Almost”

Sometimes folks, it's not what you say as much as what you don't say. Sometimes, it's all about how you say it. Many times the world has changed on a statement no one made, or one that was made that was misconstrued. It gets complicated, folks, when you start opening up your mouth and letting words fly out. I dabbled in a dark arts a tad on this one, and by that I mean the better part of valor, if you know what I'm saying. 

Alas, I could only hold my tongue so long. When the Calypso needs to creep on out of ya, you can clench those butt cheeks tight, but do so at your own peril. Calypso no take "no" for an answer.



No comments: