Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 76

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 76 “Hide Away” by Jefferson Jay

So I’ve got some big plans ahead and I am going to try to get ahead on my 365 to facilitate with such. So today is tomorrow in a way and if I can make it two weeks from now by the end to the week, even better, We’ll see. I made a little plan and here is the beginning of said plan. “

Hide Away is tune 6 of the 12 song set “Welcome” I’ve been sharing. “Hide Away” is very simple and I like it very much. It is sweet. I wanted to try to do a harmonica solo on this one. It was kind of the whole idea of the solo actually, but then I realized I play this song in D# and I’m pretty certain I have no D# harp. So, I guitared. With myself. Should this count as two videos? Judges? No.

Congrats to Bernie Sanders on winning the Michigan primary and restoring hope there sanity and reason aren’t dead for millions of Americans and Earthlings in general

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 76 “Song Sung Blue” by Neil Diamond

I am fairly stunned I didn’t do “Song Sung Blue” for the first 365. I am a very nostalgic fellow. It’s why I have a Master’s degree in History. That I a refused to burn out on music by studying it cause I had to. It worked out. What I mean is I played many of the soft rock anthems of the early 80s that my Mom cranked in her Cressida on the first go around and somehow left this gem for today. Hooray.

Neil Diamond is classic, as is “Song Sung Blue.” A thrill to play this song and travel back to 1981 it is. Love you Mom. Thanks, Neil. Thanks God. For you atheists out there, thanks to the universe, the atmosphere or whatever you want to call it that allows to all stay here alive and full of joy. What it’s called is not really the point. Thanks for life.

Hey GoPro, I think my nose looks even bigger in fish-eye. Is there something we can do about this? It’s like my nose id the star and rest of me is just Best Supporting Actor. Throw me a nose bone, will ya? I could jam the whole thing up there in this shot. I’m just joking. I like joking. More or less… OK, I cropped it so my nose is less massive-seeming. “Thank you very much.” – Latka Graves

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 76 “Don't Try This at Home”

Frankly, folks, and you may have noticed this, I do things a little differently. A little Mr. Rogers. A little Howard Stern. A little Randy Savage. A little of a lot. Much of that found its way into this little spiel that I called “Don't Try This at Home.” I considered other names, like "Reverse Rogers," "Backiotomy," "It's Enough Already" but ultimately I decided, like the 365. There are some things that are best only done by me. This video is one of them. Watch it and you'll see several reason why probably. 

I used to write songs while I drove. Many. Now I film videos. So at least I'm getting slightly safer. Safer. Softer. Calmer. Getting older ain't all bad really. Now catch me in 40 years. 

No comments: