Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 75

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 75 “The Birds and the Bees” by Jefferson Jay

“The Birds and the Bees” is the 5th of 12 jams I wrote at once two weeks ago tonight. I have been sharing them daily more or less, with the only exceptions being big things that push themselves ahead, like the “March Forth” song on March 4th and the “Juniper Jean” song yesterday because Juniper Jean was born yesterday. So back again to our story, “The Birds and the Bees.”

I started to see shortly after I finished this song that my 12 songs were unwittingly leading me to a revelation I was unaware waited inside me. Bless art for allowing us to see and share who we really are. “The birds and the bees are bouncing in my brain” the song starts. I should have known right then where this was going.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 75 “That’s Life” by Frank Sinatra

I recorded a decent version of “That’s Life” a little bit ago, but my iPad ran out of juice on the last night. I figured it saved it, but it didn’t so I gotta hop back outside here in a few and try again. One on hand, that’s less than ideal. On the other hand, that’s life.

Well, I went outside and did better. Ain’t that the way it usually goes? These days, it is. Not so much on the first 365. I banged my head against the wall quite a bit on that one. Trying things over and over, getting frustrated, eventually giving up and moving on to something easier to be done. Trying, it was indeed. Life is a little smoother and I’m less agro now, plus I’m five years a better guitarist and musician, so everything helps. Gotta pitch in a be part of the process I say, That’s the only way we grow. So I raise a theoretical glass to you and offer cheers and salutations to life and it’s slow daily reveal. Thanks life, you winner, for keeping more and more titillated each day. I am deeply grateful for you.

Wikipedia says, “"That's Life" is a popular song written by Dean Kay and Kelly Gordon and first recorded by Marion Montgomery. The most famous version is by Frank Sinatra,..” Thank ‘Peed. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 75 “Making Life a FunFest”

I think people’s perspective going into things has a great deal to do with that they get out of them. I guess another way of saying this is that I believe in the power of positive thinking. To this end, I say that “day” is a boring word and hear I propose replacing it in our vocabulary with “funfest” and watch good times roll. Life is a lump of clay. You can call it that or you can call it a “magic wizard’s ball of dreams coming true.” Hey it’s your life. It’s up to you.




No comments: