Sunday, July 3, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 192

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 192 “First World Problems”

Today is a deep dark day on the 365 2. Why, you ask? I’ll tell you. I don’t look forward to too many things. Yes, the sun coming up every day. Yes, the loving embrace of my fabulous wife. Yes, doing this here 365 for you daily. But besides that, I try to take things pretty well in stride. I try. Well, today, that flew by the wayside. I am devastated, as in without pride. Why? I’ll tell ya why…

I thought my 39-39 Yankees, on only their third visit to San Diego since 2004 would be ready to battle the last-place Fathers, but no. Quite to the contrary. I have sat in there and watched in person while the Yanks disgraced generations of Yankee fans with their dismal performances this weekend. Shame!

So today, I have to gut out the third game of this three game series at Petco Park and pray that the most ignominious of outcomes, the sweep, does not befall us. I slept as late as I could, hoping I could dream away the embarrassment, but I could not. So, once again, I pulled myself up my the bootstraps and gutted out three sad, forlorn videos on dismal Day 192.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 192 "The Boy From New York City" by The Ad-Libs

So, I managed to muster up the strength in the face of the Yankees shameful ballplay, to attempt to bolster their sagging play with song. Yes, "The Boy From New York City," in a perfect world, should lead the Yankees to salvage at least one game from Los Padres in their three-game series here in San Diego at Petco Park. It has been rough. I detest losing and losing to the ‘Dres, that’s like ten times worse. Only losing to a team of tired children would be worse than that.

So here, I desperately try to summon a Yankee win from The Baseball Gods. Make no mistake. There are Baseball Gods. Here I beg them for a Sunday win, with this song about the boys from the New York City. Go Bronx Bombers!

Hail Jimmy Valiant!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 192 "Woe is Them" by Jefferson Jay


Wow, it’s been tough. Yanks lose Friday. I see it. I pay to see it. Yanks lose Saturday. Same. Wife gloats. I have to go back today, for what may be the ultimate shaming possible in sports, a three-game sweep at the hands of the last-place San Diego Padres. You can feel by woe. It is tangible. I don’t know how I even mustered the strength through my profound disappointment to say anything, much less sing and make songs. Well, here is a song I made. I hope it makes you cry, like sad songs do. Please God, make the Yankees win today.

No comments: