Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 215

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 215 “I’m on Fire” by Bruce Springsteen


When I was a kid in New Jersey, people loved The Boss. His “Born in the USA” record is when I finally got Boss Fever. Never got it bad enough to actually see him but that made me a minority in North Jersey. “I’m on Fire” is a nice quiet, little jam from the CD. My stepdad once made my mom a wood burning thing with these lyrics on it for a present. I made me mom a wood burning thing with a poem I wrote on it for her for her 50th birthday. I wonder where that thing is right now.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 215  “It’s Magical” by Jefferson Jay

“It’s Magical” is a really nice song I wrote awhile back. We were on a boat. That’s reflected in a lot of the lyrics. If I recall correctly, it was only shortly after I got together with my future wife. Before we first got together, she told me, “You need more magic in your life. You need more Leanne in your life.” I heard those words and paid notice.

So some time later, I wrote this tune. I like it a lot and had hoped to play the greatest version of it ever here for you. I’m not sure I reached that lofty standard. I have a lot of tunes and haven’t played this one in a hot minute. But here it is a passable version of “It’s Magical,” decent enough that if someone stumbled upon this tune so e time in the future and they wanted to learn it and play it they could. And that’s what it’s all about. Sharing is caring my friends.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 215 “Guardian Angels”

Do we have “Guardian Angels?” I like to think we do. Apparently, I’m not the only one as some folks here initiated this little chat about their presence, immediately after I concluded my “It’s Magical” song. Seems magical to me. Deeply grateful for all the angels and everything they do for us each day. Peace.

No comments: