Sunday, July 17, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 206

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 206 “So Much Things To Say”


So I woke up this morning and I thought I’d save some time on the 365. I’d record the whole thing on my phone. It doesn’t have much space.

I made three short videos and then I dictated this into my phone.

“So I decided here on Sunday to change it up a little bit. I don't have much space on my phone and I'm trying to bust this out lickety-split so I can have a day that I don't spend an hour and a half sitting and sweating in front of my computer.

So I thought that maybe I’d film stuff and even dictate my little blog here and save myself some time to socialize and relax on a spectacular San Diego summer Sunday. I thought I try to make each video one minute or less so I didn't run out of space. I featured Nigel because he's adorable and irresistible effortlessly. Then I set about the talking. And then I had to figure out a little song or two so I did a Sweet Sunday from Flower Drum Song that I had the dubious pleasure of being in as a high school sophomore. It's amazing how these things stick with you. I also improvised a clever song about the imminently inspiring and photogenic Nigel a.k.a. Schmendrick.

Last night I stay up late and watched Norm McDonald's I think he's funny. He was talking about how he doesn't really want to pander to laughter and applause and just likes to stay relaxed. I think I would be same type of "funny man” but I don't know. Maybe I'll have to try and see some time. I'm not begging anyone to laugh for me I don't even know if I would try to make people laugh, but it works for Norm.  If you're funny, you're funny. If you're not, you're not. I guess I just have to give myself the challenge sometimes stand up onstage there see what happens. You never know where life is going to take you who you have laughing in the audience. Saturday Night Live here I come. ha ha ha ha.”

That was fine. The videos were fine. Whatever.

Then I went and socialized with my longtime pal Wes Davis. We talked and watched the trailer for the 2016 Rio Paralympics. It is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IocLkk3aYlk

I was inspired, just like I was yesterday when I saw it. All of a sudden, what I had before wasn’t worthy. So now I’m sweating and typing and loading and editing, et cetera. Let’s do this. It’s 3:18.

I have a fan. His name is Lasko. Here is an exhaustive array of comments touching on all these thoughts of the hour.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 206 “Our Time Is Now”

I just named this song “Our Time Is Now” in honor of the 2006 Demarests album of the same name. 2006? It is also the end part of a poem I wrote called “3D Room” for some years that has now blossomed into a couple tunes, this one and “Mango and Dango,” so far.  There may be some words in there still. I’ll check. There’s some, including this line, “I’m the mix of everybody that u’ve ever seen | Woody Allen and Bruce Lee |
Donna Summer and Marion Barber 3, “ and this one too, “The moment we’ve been chose to celebrate | The blessed merging of destiny and fate | Hope’s real | From it you never can escape.” The year was 2008.

So I grabbed the part that came after that and came up with some chords for it. It was hard to sing the rhythmic melody while I played, so last Sunday, I dove into Garage band and made this little beat to sing on. Here, now, inspired, I went out tot he front yard and gave it the old dance n’ go.

This is the time. We can do anything. Yes we can.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 206  “Before Your Time” by Conway Twitty

I don’t even know what this song is or who sang it. I have no idea how it goes whatever. I was trying to do some creative stuff to keep me on my toes and meet my musical mandate here on the 365. I decided a capella sing the first song I found that I could get through and hadn’t done before. It was this song that I think is called “Before Our Time.” I looked at the chords, put on a pretty voice and guessed how it goes. I probably won’t even check. I  hope you like it and I hope I didn’t desecrate your favorite, song, whoever it’s by. How did it get in my iPad.


The only song I could find called “ Before Our Time” was some song by Jon Foreman. I’ve never heard of him. I scanned the lyrics so see if it was this tune. It’s not, but in one of those moments of synergy that seem to emerge every time you’re open to them, his tune has the lyric, “Our time is now.” I was spontaneously inspired to name today’s “Original” song that just moment sago when time to name it, came. I saw the gal who owns The Lazy Hummingbird on my walk home just now. It says “hummingbird in there now. My friend Wes and I had been discussing that spot in our chat this morning. Now I wonder what the song’s really called. I’ll check as soon as iMovie stops bouncing my long ramble. I am curious whose song this is. I’m guessing some country guy and that someone at work led me to it. Suspense on the Sunday 365. And less sweat, thanks to Lasko. Maybe I need to go buy more fans. OK, it’s done. Oh, it’s “Before Your Time.” Close. And it seems either Loretta Lynn or Conway Twitty wrote it. I don’t pay much attention ‘cause its’ too depressing, but I think somehow Loretta Lynn is the United States’ District Attorney now. OK, Twitty and Tommy Markham wrote it and it came out on Lynn and Twitty’s 1973 album, “Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man.” Now that that’s all cleared up… Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and everything else too.

No comments: