Monday, July 4, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 193

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 193 “Happy Freeness Day”


Happy Independence Day, y’all. Feeling freeness? I sure hope you is. Yous deserve it. Why, you ask? Because you’re human and you were put here on this planet. Not to be slaves to any person place or thing. You’re no noun slave. Not to feel trapped doing something you never intended to do as much as you do. There is life beyond the walls we have built for ourselves. Whether it is TV, food, video games or a bad relationship that trap you… Whether it is a thankless job, a drug habit, or any other thing you think you can’t beat, you can. I believe. If you weren’t powerful, strong, and capable, you would be here. We have all won to even live life as long as we have. Now, here on the 4th of July, what do we do with it? I’ll be staying tuned, folks. Feel freeness. It is your birthright. Never infringe on anyone’s else’s freeness ands wear yours proudly into every bold night. Peace

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 193 “God Bless the USA” by Lee Greenwood

I tried to play “America, The Beautiful,” Ray Charles’ version today, but it wasn’t exactly happening in the hot, early day, heat. I veered patriotically in this direction, playing this Lee Greenwood jam. One of my special folks I work with had been requesting this one for some time. I’d been resisting. I am more a God Bless Everybody type guy, and while I understand he is not saying “God Bless the USA” to the neglect of everybody else, he isn’t specifically including them either.

I’d think we have a big enough God to bless everyone regardless where our ancestors decided our nation’s boundaries should run. I feel the same way about “God Bless America.” I think I ran across some internet article earlier this week making a similar point, but I didn’t read it. Love everyone. That’s essentially my response. But the mandate of the 365 called for this tune and paved the way for this brief discussion on who we bless and why. Since when do we tell God what to do anyway. Please, perhaps… Respect your maker.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 193 “Another Great Day in the USA” by Jefferson Jay

“Another Great Day in the USA” is an alternate example of how you can sing a lovely song about your homeland without indirectly disrespecting al the other people of the globe. I am not completely saying Lee Greenwood does that in his “God Bless the USA” jam. He's not. He never says to heck with all those other nation's people, but GO'd blessing s and the enjoyment of a great day should be for all the people of the planet, not just any nation's inhabitants. I feel the same way about gender, religions, race, and creed, whatever creed is. We are all equal. We are all a great and everyone deserves a great day and God's blessings every day.

Honestly, can anyone imagine an actual God that loved the citizens of one land more than the rest of the world's people. Well, me neither, but I guess we can convince ourselves of just about anything is we're desperate enough.Love is for everyone. We are all one. There are only imaginary lines between nations, cities and individuals. we all have one common interest. Love. The freeness to feel love and to be loved and to be able to enjoy the glory that is the Earth we share. Peace. Happy Freeness Fest 2016. 




No comments: