Friday, July 15, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 204

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 204 “Deep Gratitude”


I had a moment of appreciation at work earlier today. I am always appreciative when I working with the special folks, but I had another level of how very fortunate I was to be able to interact with these folks and enhance each other’s lives, like we do. So I decided, I was going to put that sensation into song. It came to me right away at that point. “Deep Gratitude.”  D for Deep. G for Gratitude. That oughtta work, I figured. I even felt the groove in my brainplace.

So I start my class and we’re grooving out on some standard classics of our group ands then we hit some Christmas play tunes for a bit. I write (and direct) Christmas plays for special needs adults. It’s something I expect will play a much larger role in this Operation as we wind toward our December completion.

I think I may have stumbled on to a good one, because before I could even get going playing it, the friendly folks were singing along, “Deep Gratitude.” I love my job. I love life. Perspective. That’s really all it is. Life is half full, and then some. I’ll say!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 204 “We Need a Change”

After we finished rocking out on the inaugural edition of my newest cult hit, “Deep Gratitude.” I was blessed by some clever commentary by my singing friends. One particularly insightful friend mentioned that “Deep Gratitude” definitely does not change. She’s right. Maybe it needs to. Change is healthy. So is “Deep Gratitude” and singing with your peeps. Blessed life. SO nice.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 204  “I Am the Walrus” by The Beatles

Them Beatles and is and was pretty good. I likes ‘em so I played ‘em some today. They were requested later in the day by a fella with an Abbey Road shirt on and when I got home my lady was making bread and what did she have one? Absolutely nothing. OK, I’m just kidding. The Beatles, she had on. Lots of wisdom in those guys’ jams. I am highly grateful.

When I saw the Grateful Dead with Trey last June in Santa Clara, I had an epiphany. If we are alone, which I believe we are then I guess we all are the walrus. And that’s what I think they meant when they said “I Am the Walrus.” With that in mind, I am a Beatle. Heck, I’m all of The Beatles. So are you. All we need is love. Amen. 


No comments: