Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 216

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 216 “Incredible and Amazing”


The folks I work with are “Incredible and Amazing” and I’m quite delighted to be able to them that from time to time. This was precisely one of those occurrences, captured for posterity and perhaps, eventually, nostalgia. It is a mutual appreciation reciprocation situation. There’s a lot of love in the room…

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 216  “L Is For Love” by Jefferson Jay

So much so that someone suggested that I sing a song about love, spelling it out and I was obliged. This was actually take two at the tune. The first one was a just a wee tad more all over the place, but I included a chunk of it anyway at the end of this video. Lots of fun. Love is everywhere. People, you can feel it.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 216 “Time in a Bottle” by Jim Croce

Surprisingly, I believe this is my first Jim Croce song in these here 365s. It’s about time. I feel an unusual closeness to Jim Croce. He was local to SD. I met one of my best pals, The Soul Man, age 98, at Croce’s downtown. Croce’s was owned and operated by Jim’s widow, Ingrid Croce. It still is, actually, at a different location. I’ve yet to visit that one.

One of my best friends was a songwriter who died and his widow’s another of my best friends so I empathize with Ingrid Croce far more than your average stranger who’s been through such a loss. I hope to meet here some day and maybe we’ll be friends. She follows me on Twitter. Maybe she’ll see this. I don’t how feelings are after so many years. I can’t imagine. I just hope, if she does run across it, that it makes her feel more happy than sad. Peace to all. Every day is precious. Never forget it. Beautiful song, Jim. Thanks.




No comments: