Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 209

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 209 “Grease” by Frankie Valli


I saw a picture of Frankie Valli on the cover of the L.A. Times Arts Section Sunday. He’s 82. He was looking sharp as heck. I’ve always loved this tune. I love “Grease.” I may have missed the window, but I always hoped to be Danny Zuco some day. I watched this the most of any movie as a small kid. Thank you “Grease” makers. You’ve really done the world a solid. I played it a little different.

I think this is where I first learned a love for musicals. Now I am writing them like it’s going out of style.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 209  “She’s Complete” by Jefferson Jay

My great friends, Scott Kaplan and Billy Ray Smith, of the Scott and BR Radio Show on The Mighty 1090 own a horse named “She’s Complete.” They own her with the other members of The Great Friends stable. The horse racing season just opened at Del Mar last Friday, so in honor of that time of the year and my bros, Scott and BR, here is the song I wrote about their fine equine, “She’s Complete.”

Over the years, I have been a regular guest on their awesome radio show. You can catch Scott and BR in San Diego on 1090AM, from 3-6 PST, or at www.mighty1090.com or on the Tune In app. I sing funny songs about local sports stories including the biggest “hit” of the 365 so far, “Don’t Make Fun of The San Diego Gay Men’s Choir.”

It is very hot in my house.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 209 “Senseless Violence”

Here, Nigel (the dog) and I get serious examining some of the senseless violence that’s got on and exploring what can be done about it. These issues are highly nuanced, extremely complex. I can’t say with confidence that we completely got to the bottom of it in this brief exploration, butt I can say with confidence, that Nigel did.

No comments: