Saturday, July 9, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 198

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 198 “Golden Moments” by Jefferson Jay

It is early Saturday morning. It is quiet and peaceful. My wife is still asleep and I am trying to bust out ye’ ol’ videos before she gets up. Like so many things, it’s a race against time. All we can do is not hurry and see if we win anyway. I believe.

I am clearing out the closet of all the tunes I wrote a month or two back when I was binging on songwriting. Most of them, have found a home here in this 365, but a few haven’t yet, so I am catching them up with their musical siblings. “Golden Moments” was written with the concept of treating music like a church. A place for reflection and meditation. Something sacred. Many times, music is listened to in rooms where it’s only function as to serve as a nice soft bed for all the overwhelming chatter to rest upon. That’s fine, some days, some times, but this is about reconnecting with out music on a far more deep and spiritual level. That’s what music was for, for centuries. I imagine. And Thank God we can still do that.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 198 "Be As You Are" by Kenny Chesney

Today, we’re doing a little “Avatar” thing on the 365. How have they not made a sequel to that yet? I think I look swell in blue. The special folks I work with have a large number of favorite singers. I work in a country-ish area, so these circumstances led to me covering, by request, Kenny Chesney. I have never heard any of his tunes. I read there was some violence in a convert of his in Pittsburgh last week. I saw in the coffee shop he was appearing on Good Morning America. Maybe that’s passed. Either way, that is the complete set of facts I know about Kenney Chesney.

That did not stop me, though, from trying. My people make a request and I do what I can to bring it to ‘em. The internet helps. Thanks Internet I even played a song from “Miss Saigon” later in the hour. These may be hack versions of these songs, but hey, I never heard ‘em. What is real is the voluptuous smiling joyfulness on my friends’ faces after they hear the songs they like.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 198 “Question”

I was interviewed for the Huffington Post regarding the 365. This should be interesting. Will folks finally learn that I exist? Either way, I’m OK. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I’m on it. I am a patriot. I am a global patriot, who believes we all deserve love and that nature exists to lead by example, showing us the beauty we’re made of at our core. We are all one. Thanks for watching, Ocean.

Here, I read my first answer to the first question of the afore-mentioned interview. I had to quiet talk because my wife is still snoozing. Hope you can hear it. If not, it’s OK. Tomorrow’s another day. 

No comments: