Thursday, July 7, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 196

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 196 "Crazy" by Willie Nelson

One of my special folks asked me to play "Crazy" not too long ago. I was happy to oblige. I've always enjoyed this tune. That happened again today so "Crazy," I played. I knew it as Patsy Cline's signature song. When I looked up who actually wrote it, I was surprised to learn it was Willie Nelson. That is the beauty of forgetting things. When you find out, it's like you learned something new. Maybe I never knew it before. Sure feels like that. Off Willie's debut album in 1962. I wonder what Willie looked like then. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 196 “The Wind” by Jefferson Jay

For awhile, I was posting tunes, day after day, that I'd written during what I called my "songwriting binges." First I wrote 12 tunes at once, then 24, and then I did 24 again. "The Wind" was one of the stragglers from the last 24, I forgot to post. If you don't play the tunes relatively soon after writing them, it can be hard to remember how they go. That's what happened with this one. The knowledge comes and goes, kind of like "The Wind" this song was named for. I was glad to remember how it went after paying it a few times. It's actually a nice song. Now I just wonder what it's about. Maybe I'll learn that soon. Great gratitude.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 196 “Fun Is Not Sleep”

So, I'm not complaining. Life is swell, but it's been a long week or two. I am hosting the Open Jam at Winston's tonight from 6 to 9. It will be my third straight night working at Winston's. I worked all three days at my other job too. So that's six jobs in three days for those of you keeping score at home. That, after the 4th of July long weekend and the OB Street Fair weekend. It's been a blast, but I'm bushed. I keep taking naps in the middle of 365ing, and that's just enough to keep the train a rolling. So, I am beyond enthused for a few days with a little extra time for creative things to do. And to catch up on that precious rest too. Sleep can be fun... Sleep can not be fun, but fun is not sleep. If that makes on sense, watch the video for context. XOXOXO.

No comments: