Sunday, July 24, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 213

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 213  “Find Myself 2” by Jefferson Jay

Sundays are nice days for sitting around. Especially, nice sluggish summer Sundays. And that’s mostly what I have planned. I look a little shaggy and there are plenty things to do, but many of them can be moved. What can’t be moved is a daily responsibility. We all have these do ourselves, ideally. Eating, sleeping, eliminating. My daily duties are a bit more extensive as a 365er, but here we go. Ironically, when I finish I’ll probably do more work. I really like to do creative work. I’m binge-writing musicals lately. For what remains to be seen. I need a business-savvy best friend. Got musicals?

I came up with this progression that transports me back in time. Maybe to Europe a couple of hundred years ago. Ireland, anybody? I don’t know. I even had my wife harmonize with me on it a tad. Words popped into my head from a song I’d written a few months ago, “Find Myself.” So I guess I’ll call this “Find Myself 2” These words were the first I wrote when I started binge songwriting early in this project.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 213 “Into the Groove” by Madonna

Sometimes I’m feeling a bit of lethargy when I get myself started on the 365 for the day. Many times, just playing a few tunes will brighten my mood immeasurably. Doing the whole chunk of 365 work often leaves me feeling far more energetic then I was before when I was just sitting around doing nothing. So I’m glad for that. I often feel the same way at my job. I show up tired and then interacting with the excited special folks fills me with enthusiasm and spunk almost instantly. I am very grateful for all of this inspiration and its many glorious shapes and forms.

It is hard to be sleepy or bored if Madonna comes on and you’re from the 80’s. One of my special friend repeatedly requested “Madonna Old-School.” I, of course, obliged. What a hoot! We had a Block Party. “Material Girl,” “Borderline,” “Dress You Up,” “Crazy For You.” And this one, which I thought was called “Get Into the Groove.’ Close. Neighboring staffers came in and thanked me for the walk down Memory Lane. Where is that located exactly? GPS? In our minds. That’s where it’s located. There’s probably a Pokemon rooting around in the there too. Exit me, Intruder!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 213 “The Greatest Day Ever”

Today’s “Words” segment is a bit of a before and after for what the 365 can do to a mood or a day. I was feeling lazy, unproductive, I was watching Yankee baseball. Then I the Yanks built a solid lead and I switched gears. My first stab a “Words” chunk was like me, watching baseball, slightly more useful than useless. Then, I finished recording videos. I had accomplished something, I was invigorated. I had made something. Now I just had an hour left of dumping, editing, posting and writing this, oh yeah, and a little social media. It’s cool. Well, it’s hot. I’m sweating. I feel great. Maybe I’ll even go to the beach. Dare to dream. It’s getting closer every second. You can do it too! Make today the greatest day ever. It’s our option. Whatcha gonna do?   


No comments: