Thursday, July 14, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 203

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 203 “Who Let the Thooze Out”


Today was one of those days. Had multiple missteps before I even got to work. We weathered those storms only to come home in dire need of a nap. I took that nap and awoke only slightly less sleepy than before. Lethargy was on to me.

But then a magical thing happened. I went outside. Strapped with #retrieveNigel, my wife launched me into a recovery mission was hardly as harrowing as it may seem. No, in fact, it was highly exhilarating. The fresh air filled my lungs and a smile was born where moments earlier, little expression lingered.

It was another source that bolstered my spirits most though. It was you. Yep. Talking to you here, like this, like I do, it brightened my spirits immeasurably and the next thing you know. Traffic light neighbors became Thursday friends. We socialized, as captured her, for your entertainment and the ‘thus (or thooze) short of enthusiasm was infectious indeed. Before long, the hard-cores at the light between Nimitz and W. Point Loma were smiling, laughing, and lifting each other up, because that’s what people can do. And now I’m filled with thooze.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 203 “Road Snuggles”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 203 “Hee Hoo Haa”


So what d’ya do when you’re loaded up with thooze? Pass it on. Share it, grow it, build, set it free and let it fly. Having retrieved the lovable terrier, Nigel, we did all that was left to be done. We snuggled. Road snuggled, to be specific. Highly uplifting experience. There is trouble in the world, but with love and snuggles and ample thooze, we can weather this storm too. We’re humans. We’re resilient. It’s what we do. “Road Snuggles.”

For some tragic reason, something is very wrong with my “Road Snuggles” video. No sound. Even the video won’t work. Maybe it’s trying to 5th amendment me, as I imagine driving around snuggling with your dog on your lap and singing is legally frowned upon. And with good reason. So… That is sad. It was cute. Still trying to manage what to do.

Ouch. Well, that video is corrupted somehow. The sound and sights on it and permanently impaired I’m sad to report. So in lieu of my cute pooch video, here is a song perhaps best suited for a big band or a theme to a hip TV show. If you want to arrange it, be my guest. “Hee Hoo Haa”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 203 “We Are the World” by USA for Africa


I’ve always dreamed of doing a show-stopping version of “We Are the World” where I sing all the parts in all the voices. I think some comedian might have already done that awhile ago, but I don’t care. Alas, like my dream of playing Danny Zuco in “Grease,” this dream may not be destined for Broadway. So, we’ll let that sit idly by and in the meantime, I once3 again wish to reiterate my claim from yesterday and a million other days that we are all one and the sooner we can embrace each other thusly, the sooner we can emerge from so much of the darkness that plagues our times. I believe. Optimism is not extinct and all people are God’s children. How ever you wish to word it, we are all precious jewels worthy of love for and from everybody, every day., as long as we all shall live. I believe that.

I used to listen to “We Are the World” when it came out. I had the cassette. My grandma would cry when she heard this song. It was that beautiful and moving. I may have cried too. Only got the first verse through, not even, before the space on my iPhone expired, but the point remains the same. It’s a simple point. “We Are the World.” We may as well be a loving world. Hope and prayer and love will get us through. I love you and thanks for getting me on the proper path, thooze-wise, earlier. There’s a lot more gained then what napping all day would do. And I needed to do this for you.

No comments: