Monday, July 25, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 214

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 214 "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens


I know a lot of people who are going through a lot of changes right now. Change is a constant yet it still manages to be one of the most traumatic things folks put themselves through. We get so attached to what we’re used to. We feel like we are losing when we’re really just adjusting to something different or new.

“Father and Son” popped into my head just now. It jumped in at the verse so I had to look up the line to remind myself which song it was. I even played it all right, though I’d never played it before. Adjusting can be tough. People are often far more comfortable being harsh on themselves than they would be on other people. Then again, maybe that’s better than taking it all out on other people too.

Anyway I was feeling the words to this tune as I sang it today. We all do what we can to feel all right. It may not always be glamorous, but it is always important.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 214 "Sports Song of the Week 2: The Chapman Trade" by Jefferson Jay

I love me some sports, especially baseball. An enterprising friend of mine, Wes Davis, strongly suggested we link up on a world-shaking podcast. Then he went to Maryland to have a Ukrainian wedding. He’s still there, but in an attempt to keep the momentum rolling (and unravel my own complicated emotions on the sports story of the day), here is the second installment of “Sports Song of the Week,” Aroldis, I hardly knew ye.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 214 "Unmasking the DNC"

Earlier on in this 365, I issued a few impassioned pleas on behalf of my man, Bernie Sanders. Now it was clear as FOX NEWS’ agenda that shenanigans were afoot. What kind of “liberal” media would ignore stadiums full of people screaming on a presidential hopeful. How is that democracy at all. Democrazy is what it is. “Liberal” media? Should be called “Bought and paid for” media, ‘because that is what it is. When did honor and fair play get so emasculated? When did exhibiting them become like shame. Shame on the DNC. Shame on our media and our democracy, lying to us willfully. Long live The American Dream. Enough already with The American Scheme.


No comments: