Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 208

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 208 “I Like Peace”


Is there any clearer statement as to how far we’ve fallen from reason as a society that a comment like “I Like Peace” is outlandish. Rampant with misunderstanding, our world has grown, intolerant and fearful even of our allies, like words. If the language serves to limit us and divide us more than enable us to express ourselves fully, how is it serving us. If we can’t use our tools, none of which is greater than language, what do we have left? If we can’t discuss our way through things together, we have betrayed language. It’s not language’s fault if our hyper-sensitivity has eclipsed it. There is almost no statement left that can made without the knowledge that someone somewhere would take it personally. Sad.

“I Like Peace.” That should be as placid a statement as there is, but people invent imply the inverse and read negative silence into positive comments. Respect to all the brave soldiers and officers everywhere. Ideally, that would go without saying. Ideally, we’d all like peace. Peace sells shirts and little else these days. I’m sticking by it. I’m doubling down on hope and going all in on love. Do what you want, including considering all this despite the world around us. If it was good enough for Gandhi…

I actually love peace. I was diluting the statement, just to minimize the chance of offending someone. Ha. If you lead your life that way, trying not to offend anyone, you're living at the wrong time. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 208  “Weight of the World” by Ringo Starr


I enjoyed briefly working in a record store my senior year in high school. It was at the Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus, New Jersey. Record World. I became familiar with a large amount of the music that came out during this short time. I somehow wound up with a cassette single for this cool song that Ringo Starr did, “Weight of the World.”

I loved it and still do, There were some cool other parts that aren’t here, but I still like that tune. It’s amazing Ringo Starr manages to remain underrated despite being a friggin’ Beatle. It just proves once again no matter how much you do, no matter how great you are, you better appreciate yourself, that’s the support you’ll need if you want to really love your life. Peace.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 208 “You Have a Nice Day”

I am wordless for the moment. I had wanted to say what I wrote in the "I Like Peace" blog but it's not very fun to say that. It's not funny or fun. So instead I sit here and sweat, thinking of what I can say that's worth saying. Maybe I can suck some pre-written words out of the compu-box or otherwise, procure inspiration. Instead I want to lay down. So I will. 

OK. I costumed. I conjured words. I't's largely absurdist bounty. Dig it if you will. Do with it what you may. Everybody's welcome to have a truly awesome day. I'm done. Hooray.

Shout out to Route 208 in Jersey.



No comments: