Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 202

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 202 “Water”


I was extremely thirsty this morning. I wanted water. I was dreaming of it. When lunch came, I finally ate water. Technically, I drank it, but the food was the enhancement (barely) and the water was the main course. So I was feeling profound appreciation and even, dare I say brotherhood, with water. We are water. We are one.

So enjoy this tribute with 2 H’s and 1 O. Ahhhhhhhh….

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 202 “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge

There seems to be some question about this these days. I believe we are all one and I love everybody. I believe humanity would be best served by everybody following suit, in that regard. This puts me in a peculiar spot when it comes to what loves you can say matter these days. I am a huge supporter of African-American folks and believe everyone deserves equality. These killings of black men are centuries beyond unacceptable. That said, the only thing more annoying and everywhere than Pokemon, to me at this point is the fact that you can no longer say that all lives matter. 

I have read a bunch of well-written reasons as to how it allegedly takes away from black people and their struggle, with law enforcement, specifically to say "all lives matter." Fine, I guess I won't say it any more, but I'm sure as hell going to still think it. Sensitivity has encroached on the language, in my opinion, at this instant. What do we need more than to all be seen as equals and to all unify in agreement that all our lives matter. I don't agree that that takes away from anybody. I do respect though and I won't be the guy perceived as ignorant and unsupportive who says that. 

What I do believe, and this has been expounded upon in hundreds of legendary songs, is that, “We Are Family.” Black, white, yellow, red, every color, every religion, every creed, both sexes, whoever you choose to sleep with, everyone, everywhere. It is time to move past these arbitrary divisions. We are all humans. Beyond that, we are all truly one. There where we can find the most hope and room for growth though it believe is here though. In the awareness and loving truth that “We Are Family.” And we always will be. There's only one life. And it matters.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 202 “Nate Colbert”

In today's "Words" segment, I use the fact that the Major League Baseball All-Star Game was played in San Diego last night to rip on the perennially pathetic Padres. It's embarrassing. I could probably fill an entire 365 with their inept missteps, but thankfully, there's a million better things to talk about. So here is but a taste spoon of my disgust with their decades of flailing. Go Pads....

No comments: