Thursday, July 28, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 217

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 217 “Not Much to Say” by Jefferson Jay


Once in a while, it can be very challenging to find the proper motivation to record three videos and produce them here for you. The prime detractor from just stepping up and busting these out is the intense summer heat. Yes, I live near the beach. There is an ocean breeze but that stays outside unfortunately. And here either you sit in front of the fan or you bake in sweat. It's not as glamorous as it sounds. But here, we overcome. So this is a song I made up about how some days you just don't have that much to say. Take it from me. I know these things.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 217 “One” by U2

Having access to 2 iPads has been a huge help to taking care of these 365 responsibilities on a daily basis. One of the household iPads is on a vacation away from me for a few days, so I have to find other ways to be creative. I usually read the words and chords of one iPad while I film with the other. It's a nice system. Today, I ran off to a large and lonely pile of paper and grabbed the first sheet that came out. Well, the second sheet after a chunk of Christmas tunes. I wish you a Merry Christmas but not badly enough to sing you that song today. 

Today, that led me to "One." Some of my special needs folks request U2 tunes from time to time. I always try to oblige. Today, that approach led to me  playing some Spanish tunes I'd never heard and even though I'd never heard them and I can't speak Spanish, it made some folks real happy and that never gets old. I covered Roberto Carlos and Paulo Sergio. It is fun learning about new music (to me) and expanding the old horizons. Without, learning life would be a bore. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 217 “Stay Cool”
Some helpful hits on handling the heat wave here. It's been hot all over. From the hills to the heartland, people bees sweating. Do bees sweat? I wonder. Yes, holy heat. Here, I offer some suggestions and a statement of support. If we pull together, those of us without air conditioning, will hopefully survive. Only three or four months more, and I'll be documenting every single day of it. Maybe I should try outside next time. Maybe I will. 

No comments: