Saturday, July 16, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 205

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 205  “The Weight” by The Band


What a great tune. I can’t believe it’s taken 570 days (counting both 365s) for me to get to it. Speaks to the depth of quality songs in the universe. Thanks Universe. I am stunned by the Pokemon phenomenon. A video game is more of a reason to leave your house than nature itself? Perhaps that means I’m old and the sun and beach just aren’t as exciting to folks who have had Internet their whole lives. I am not here to criticize. I am a firm believer that whatever makes you happy is great as long as it doesn’t harm anyone else. It does blow my mind though. Perhaps I am out of touch some. No perhaps there.

That being said, my wife and friends are at the beach right now and I am here typing, videoing, editing, and loading. So have fun chasing imaginary creatures. Watch out for dead bodies and cliffs as I’ve read people are stumbling over both of these things in the course of playing this awesome game. What d'ya know? Maybe there's some hidden in my video.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 205 “Technologolitis”

Here, I offer a few words of caution and experience to folks who have been finally lured from their living rooms by the video game craze of the day. I admit it. I don’t get it, but it seems to me that people like staring at their phones a lot more than staring at anything else. Maybe that’s great. Maybe it’s like my wife says and people felt the same way about books once. I don’t know. How do you get educated in this game? Well, I guess you go out and see that surrounding all these imaginary creatures, are trees, water, sunshine and other stuff, I guess they overlooked. It’s not too late. Connect with a human. Enjoy peace and quiet. Please step away from the phone…. Says the man who has spent roughly 90 minutes a day for the last 205 days working/playing on the computer for you. He who knows nothing and says much. I love him. He is me. You love you. That is what to do.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 205 “Imaginary Men”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 205 “Opus In J Minor”

I just wrote an incredibly snarky song called “Imaginary Men.” I expounded further on my inability to understand the Pokemon craze that has helped people to discover outside. I sang a bunch of catty rhymes while playing my keyboard. I speculated that there may be some who are “imaginary hers.” I questioned aloud as to whether there are gay Pokemon and whether any live in the toilet. I once again offered insight to folks who may not know outside has cliffs and other potential pitfalls. And for the second time in three days the universe has conspired to help me not put out videos that either incriminated me  (“Road Snuggles”) or in this case alienate a huge chunk of my potential viewer posse.

I can’t help it. Maybe I’m old. I speculated on that in my lost song too. I must be, because to me outside was plenty worth checking out before this game came out last week. So, I’m a tad dethoozed (less enthusiastic) ‘cause it was funny and I’m a sucker for humor, but it’s probably for the best that “Imaginary Men” remains an imaginary song. Accept in lieu, direct from my icky, sticky music room, this musically ambitious  “Opus in J Minor,” meant to be reproduced note for note… if you’re into piano music.









 

No comments: