Monday, October 3, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 284

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 284 “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry


It came time to do my videos today. I thought, “What could I do that might expand my experience? What can I do that might make someone happy? I remembered that a few people have suggested covers to me that I either forgot or didn’t get to yet. This one is for my man, Chris Sulit, a.k.a. Carlos Soriano, a.k.a. Some Guy. He is a die-hard Cub fan so good luck here in the play-offs.

I listened to your favorite Katy Perry song. I still wasn’t sure if I would do it, (probably the whole skin tight jeans part) but I figured I’d give it a go anyway. It was kind of fun to play. I immediately liked the pop appeal of the song and Katy Perry, well, she’s pretty. It might have made the video have more appeal. I tried not to watch. I listened instead, easier to focus on the song.

So that’s it. I played it. Hope you like it, Chris, rest of the world. Boom Shaka Laka. I just realized I played two covers and zero originals. Maybe I can find one in the annals here somewhere. Nope. Back to work.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 284 “Ways, Shapes, and Forms”

It’s a shame folks can’t be naked. Let me rephrase. They can be naked. It’s a shame we are an immature people here in modern day USA, because many times, it feels better to be sans clothing. It gets hot. I sit here topless and unwilling to share my bod, ‘cause it just seems unnecessary and inappropriate. How did we get here? What’s the big deal? If only the world were the beach, where everyone can lie around in the underwear or less, and no one acts like they’re in a Cuban brothel. They have brothels in Cuba, right?

Freeness forever!


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 284 “One That I Can Count On”


On Christmas Eve 2012, the first year I owned an iPhone, I was sitting in this very room, writing songs about my family. I wrote a song for my then-girlfriend, now-wife, Leanne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jk8IRN46Dg

my long-time pooch, Angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgTzILdEmc

my newer pooch, Nigel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYF5wMpfBvw

And then I wrote one for our newest family member, my iPhone.  here it is. 

Then I wrote a birthday song for Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOxJAuz6Ro

It was a great day. If anybody knows Apple personally, and they want to license this song, please let me know. Thanks. 

I don't want to say anything too outrageous, anything that might blow up my deal with Apple but, do you think people use their phones maybe a little too much?





No comments: