Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 293

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 293 “Encinitas”



“Encinitas” was a tune I had hoped to do with my band for this effort, but it’s been hard to get the band altogether in a place with a camera for that sort of thing, unfortunately. No matter. I am happy and renewed for the positive. Yes, less than ideal things occur occasionally, but we can’t let that bring us down for long.

No, “Encinitas” was written about an event we played called The Love Fest at The Bazaar in Encinitas. It was fun and this tune states, “When living is a Love Fest, you go far.” No doubt. So I am turning the page back to the Love Fest and away from all the chicanery and shenanigans that has marked my last few weeks. Renewed, refreshed and grateful. Enjoy “Encinitas.”

Hail Nancy Truesdail, born in Encintias. Enjoy Don Fest, happening in New York to celebrate the birthday of the great Don Truesdail next week. Hail. Peace and love to everyone participating in this special event. With you in spirit. Onward and upward.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 293 “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf


I wish everybody the best. A fresh new year. A Clean slate, whenever you want. Every year, every day, however much clean slate you can handle. I wish this for you. Only love. I believe Miss Swift said the haters are gonna hate. Well it goes both ways. Lovers gotta love. There must be a balance. For every wild, domesticated…? I don’t know. This theory needs work. Another day. Open Mic starts in 51 minutes and I still gotta shower.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 293 “The Other Brothers”


We are all one. We are related. My man Kip was telling me some cool stuff yesterday about Isaiah and the Messianic Era. About people waking up and embracing something larger than themselves. I love that stuff. I am all about it.  I love. It we are missing link. The link between that and whatever it is we have now. It can’t be Kardashian forever. At some point, folks gotta realize there’s a whole lot more going on that whatever the televisions; saying. Bernie Sanders was part of this and we are “The Other Brothers” and sisters, here to help get this done. Sure beats chasing green paper in a vacuum.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 293 “Bungle in the Jungle” by Jethro Tull

Well, gosh, I’m glad I checked that. On a whim, I wondered if I’d done “Born To Be Wild” before. Well, what d’ya know, I had. Glad I checked. Here’s something else. instead. Peace. Can't find “Bungle in the Jungle.” Darn. Desperation time. 


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 293 “Puttin' on the Ritz" by Irving Berlin


Loved me some Ritz crackers as a yute.


No comments: