Saturday, October 8, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 289

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 289 “A Fond Farewell”



Ahhh. When vans were vans. I got ripped off by a shyster on craigslist. Yes, it’s unfortunate. He lied about every single thing and now I’ve already doubled what I initially spent on my new van, I was duped. Doh! No sign of clearance yet either. Failed smog today. Learned that the plates, like the registration sticker, was fake. Fear not. I called the cops immediately. My car’s not stolen. Hooray… Boo…

In news from brighter days, my old van was a loyal soldier, passed on to me for a song. Even with all the repairs, it always felt like I was ahead, essentially the opposite of my current van matter. I’m OK now. Thank God for resiliency. Please God help with my Van nightmare. I rarely pray in public but…

I loved The Tealmobile. Still do. Savored our final drive, if this was that. I shared a minute or so before my phone filled up, just like the lifespan of the auto we’re saluting. I love you. You were my first stick shift. My wife taught me to drive in you. Eagle Tiger Tour April 2011. A loyal soldier through the end. Thanks Tealmobile. To a Great Beyond, Excelsior!


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 289 “Tall Tall Tales”


I wrote “Tall Tall Tales” awhile back. Maybe not too long after the end of the first 365. It’s a song about life as if it was a tall tale. I loved these things when I was a kid. Paul Bunyan. John Henry. I suppose I still do. It’s just been a long hiatus since I read one.

So here’s this song. I hope this is a good version. A weary Saturday and a long week. I long to finish my duties and kick back. Don’t we all. Donald Trump said some dumb things in 2005. That’s the big news of the day. It is randy. Really dirty randy.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 289 “You Light Up My Life” by Debby Boone



I was hungry. Now I’m not. I ate this sandwich and sang this song. I looked it up. I learned it won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1977. Wow. This is a sick cover and a world-class video. It is really real. Yes, it’s really real. Eating attractively has never been my strong suit. Thanks God. For everything.

No comments: