Monday, October 17, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 298

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 298 “Yankees Vs. A’s”



“Yankees Vs. A’s” was written as the disclaimer to al my other songs. I wrote it many years ago and am surprised it didn’t make it into the 365. I wrote it in the 90’s. 98 sounds right. In Denver. While watching a Yankees-A’s game. I think I may have a Yankee’s vs. Rangers” song somewhere too, but it wasn’t as significant or memorable as this one. It’s in a notebook in there. I like this tune and had fun playing it today.

Very very briefly, I was in a band called JJ & The Hustlers. It was the first band I fronted with my tunes really. It was only together for two gigs but it was fun. We played “Yankees Vs. A’s” heavy in that band. I hadn’t really imagined it that way I was thinking more cheesy and loungey… smarmy. But it was fun. Sounded really Primus-y. Maybe I’ll share that one of these years, Hail all my friends form way back then in JJ & The Hustlers. Positive memories.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 298 “Wonderwall” by Oasis


I don't really have too many serious thoughts about Oasis or "Wonderwall" I know they are polarizing, but I am nonplussed. I wonder if I used that word right. Probably not. I don't care right now. I know they have an album called "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" and I know morning glory is pretty hard core stuff. I think it attacked me. Well, maybe I attacked it first. I'm not sure. More at 11. 

I do know its great when you can love your brother... 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 298 “BEE 2016”


BREAKING STORY: Folks, we have a huge exclusive here on the 365. It is going to trump all other stories in 2016 and we’re the first network on the scene with this bee. There is still a great deal of intrigue and mystery as to the details of who this bee really is. We can not say for certain what organizations he may be linked to. We can’t even say for certain that it is a he. What is certain is that we will be covering this story with the gravitas and journalistic integrity that a story of this nature demands. The public demands and deserves answers and The Operation 365 is your #1 for sure source into the news that matters most. We will now return to our regular programming, but we will be braking in with updates as this situation unfolds.


No comments: