Friday, October 7, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 288

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 288 “Captain Comeback”



Been a zany few days. At some point, each one of us needs to bounce back. Now who knows from what? Shockingly, some slight semblance of secrecy still survives. Enjoy it. Here, I share, but I like the fact that I don't have to. I choose to. Been climbing the hill that is getting my new car registered and my old car sold. Just took The Tealmobile (my teal Eurovan) for my final drive in it, most likely. It was nice to have that last ride. My long time mechanic friend Marcelino confirmed the inevitable. It was a good ride. A great ride. Tomorrow, my "Words" section will feature a final good-bye.

Whew. What a busy day. Exciting and busy. That's especially impressive considering I spent almost three hours in or around DMV.So i play this really fun card game called Palace with my friends. I devoted a day of the 365 2 to it some months ago. We play these series. No money. All fun. I have earned quite a reputation as a guy who fights to the end. I fall behind some games, and then magically “Captain Comeback” appears and me fortunes sail. I dominate.

So this is the theme song the marching band I hired played, (a very stripped down version of it,). They marched from miles away. Their sounds crescendoed just as I completed my tremendous comeback. It was magical. Paled in comparison to the whole comeback I did with "Kashmir" at the end, but that's a story for another.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 288 “Humble”


It's great when great things happen. Hooray. But if you play it cool, that's the way. Folks rarely want to hear about your tired sorrow, and they also often would rather skip your tales of your heroics. There are plenty of other topics to discuss. I teach some folks some things like in the course of my occupation occasionally. That, in itself, is humbling. Who am I to teach anyone anything? I like getting to learn. 

My friend once wrote a book called "Be Cool." The only words on the only page were." Be cool." It's an easy read. It's a harder live. Trying's fun. It leads ya right back home. And ya get much more humble than home. And home is wherever you are. 


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 288 “Closer” by The Chainsmokers



So I had no idea what cover tune to play today. I've been pulling from videos I recorded earlier in the week for a couple days. Had a bunch of original stuff, but no covers I liked. You never know where you'll wind up when you wield an open mind. So I typed in popular songs. That didn't work. Then I added "chords" to my Google and that led me here. 

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/top/top100.htm

01. Elvis Presley - Cant Help Falling In Love With You         

Did that one a long time ago.

02. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself   

Actually even did this one. 

03. The Chainsmokers            Closer
04. The Chainsmokers            Closer

Now, I only got to number three, so I didn't know it was also Number 4. Now, how about that? This song must be great to be the 3rd and 4th best tune on a website. Wow. I went for it. I think it's a duet. Either that, or a schizophrenic situation it seemed. In either case, it was fun to play and it had no changes. Probably no time to write changes, chainsmoking and all, like these guys do, or so they claim. And on life went, still no more informed what The actual Chainsmokers sound like. Maybe I'm a little "Closer" to knowing. Or perhaps I'm no "Closer" at all. Bless you, perspective. God bless you.

No comments: