Saturday, October 22, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 303

Victory is in the eyes of the victor.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 303 “Ventura Highway” by America


Earlier this week at work, a new person showed up and joined the party. She has a magnetic personality and we were singing along in no time. A truly charming young lady, she is. So she requested "Ventura Highway." She sang it actually, which only helped a little, 'cause even though it is a classic rock hit, I don't really know it. I was able to figure out what song it was though. I think she said "America," or something and I came up with it. Here we have a little song along on this classic, that for whatever reason, I hardly know. It is a pretty song... I think, so I may have to check it out for reals some time. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 303 “Floating in the Sublime”



Later that same work day I believe it was Tuesday, I went to a different room and conjured this melodic contribution extemporaneously. Ahh, fun syllabic words. I did this today a couple times too actually, but those I'll save those for another day soon. I was really feeling it today. This other day, well, to be honest, I don't really remember that happening so much, so... I really can't say. That said, it sounded cool and share-worthy, so here we are. I guess I'll listen to it some now, at least enough to gather it a name. If I have more thought on this after that. I'll share them here. I promise.

Glad I stuck with this one, 'cause I few minutes in, something resembling a hook happened. Hooray. Whew. This song was almost called "Where We Go." That was close. Not that that's a terrible song name. It's OK. But it could be any song. I prefer “Floating in the Sublime.” Strongly.



Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 303 “On Naysayers and Nonsensers”


Why say "Nay" when you can say "Hey" or Yeah?"
Both perfectly fun things to say. Hooray.

Why be a nonsenser denfenser?
I like human beings named Spencer.

Dogs too. 
Hail Spencer.

No comments: