Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 300

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 300 “Too Far Gone”


Folks, few days are more red-letter in a 365 than Day 300. That means you are pretty far along, far too far along to abandon ship. Yes, we are approaching consummation of a second 365. Who else in the world does this? Who else can? Nobody. Am I bragging? I don't think so. I think it is fact. 

Now another fair question is, so what? Big deal. I wouldn't want to do that, one might argue. That is fair, I say, but that does not change the fact that I did and no one else has and being the only one on the planet who knows what goes into it, I'm not predicting anyone else ever will. Is it healthy? Absolutely. A little work every day, Some creativity, some productivity, Absolutely. How about doing stuff on days you don't want to? It builds character. It doesn't kill you, therefore, it makes you stronger. I feel stronger because of it. It just goes to show how far you've got to go to do something no one else has done at this point in the world's existence.  

So, this song is not about 365ing. In fact it's about something that's equally illogical though, falling in love. If you fall in love, you're already too far gone, There's no easy way out. Someone may get hurt. That is love. I'm predicting no one takes on an injury in the final 65 days of this intellectual exercise, but you'll have to stay tuned to see for sure. That's life for ya. Unpredictable. Like why would you even do a second 365. Because I can. That's why. Maybe I'm just "Too Far Gone."


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 300 “A Higher Place” by Tom Petty


Heard a band playing some Tom Petty song I never here bands play live the other day. It wasn’t this one. It was one from the “Wildflowers.” It was “Cabin Down Below.” I love that record. That cover of theirs inspired me to seek out this cover of mine. I may do that “Cabin Down Below” number some time soon as well. I think every day is a gift and if you are able to enjoy those gifts, you will indeed matriculate to a higher place.

Great music can aid you on your way. Accomplishments are the gateway. Creativity. Productivity. Day 300 is nice. I am taking a moment to reflect and appreciate what I’ve done here with you so far. Thanks for existing. May we all graduate to “A Higher Place.” That is the reason for the season. God bless.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 300 “The Meaning of 300”


Here, we take a final minute on Day 300 to reflect on the historic significance of this number. In some sports, bowling and baseball, for instance, the number 300 is a symbol of greatness, excellence if you will, even, dare I say, perfection. That’s right. Here, we bask and examine, just a little bit, what it means to have traveled so far down this unique creative avenue. I love you. Thanks for your support and if you make it back some time in the last 65 days ‘round here, we’ll leave the light on for ya. 

No comments: