Thursday, October 13, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 294

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 294 “Maggie May” by Rod Stewart


What a tune. It is an honor to play it. A dear friend of mine, Rich “Brother” Robbin was a DJ during a great era for radio here in Southern California. He was the first guy to ever play “Maggie May” on the radio. I have heard him tell the story of it numerous times. He loves radio so much that he literally tears up when he tells the story. That is the extent of his passion. That is how much he was moved by “Maggie May.

It was fun playing the iconic mandolin part on my guitar. I think I sang it an octave lower than ol’ Rod, but that’s OK, .We are all different and we are all one. I love this life. Thank you.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 294 “The Nursery Rhyme Blues”
 


A couple years back, the nice folks in El Cajon invited some of my special needs superstars to play at their Thanksgiving event. I think it was called Mother Goose Fest or something like that. So I thought I’d write something appropriate for that event and I penned this number, “The Nursery Rhyme Blues.” They wound up being unable to play that show, but we had the song and we used it at some other events.

I’m not gonna lie. It’s way neater when they play it. They each get a verse and trade off some of the lines in the chorus and other spots. There’s even a Spanish verse that one of my Spanish-speaking superstars sings. It is for them I share this number.

I am currently directing Episode 4 of my ‘The Hunt For The Great Christmas Tree” series, ‘The Hunt For The Great Christmas Tree 4: One For the Ladies.” They are Christmas musicals. My special needs team does an amazing job bringing my words and their characters to life. It is deeply gratifying to share this experience with them. I think and hope that this will be the best one yet. Humble and happy. It feels great to be whole again.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 294 “The Key to Life”


Once again, here we are, answering life’s constant questions. What is “The Key to Life?” Lucky for you, you have the Operation 365 2 to call a friend and here, we never let you down. In fact, the more questions you conjure, the more answers we administer. That is the reason for the season, my friends. Embrace and celebrate this gift. “The Key to Life,” here for you. No charge.


No comments: