Friday, October 21, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 302

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 302 “Horrors Hush Me”



Hello. Here’s a little Halloween time of the year type song. I can’t remember exactly how I wrote it, but I think it was in a school teaching some kids how to write songs. Probably in October.

Tonight, The Jefferson Jay Band once again, takes it to the streets, Bacon Street,  Mother’s Saloon, specifically for another one of our much-beloved music concerts. That’s right. Come grab your tricks and treats for a Friday night with us… if you dare. Hahahahaha.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 302 “Don’t Let It Bring You Down” by Neil Young


I love this Neil Young tune. I did not have the time or patience to put my guitar in the awesome alternate tuning he plays “Don’t Let It Bring You Down” in, but please, “Don’t Let It Bring You Down.” It’s different and sometimes, that’s just the way things need to be. We must embrace it. I know an entire political party is based on trying to slow change and/or keep things the way they are, but in my opinion that is a foolish quest, destined to fail.

Now, don’t get me wrong, love traditional things, I do. Unfortunately, the traditional things some people love are racism, misogyny, chauvinism, inequality, ethnocentrism, anti-Semitism and a million other –isms that had outlasted their usefulness forever ago.

Folks, change is a part of life. Otherwise we’d all still be babies pooping in our Pampers. Now I don’t know about you, as great as I’m sure that was, I don’t miss it.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 302 “Lou Da Man”



Are you the man? You may be. Even if you’re a gal, you may be the man. It’s possible, actually it’s possible in a while litany of ways, none of which I intend to get into right now. Today, for the purposes of this here 365, Lou is the man. “Lou Da Man.” technically, he is a dog man. Shout-out to King’s X. See you tomorrow. Thanks.

No comments: