Sunday, October 16, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 297

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - BONUS – 297 “I Am... I Said” by Neil Diamond



Neil Diamond is just about the funniest guy when it goes to being way serious about your music making. I love his delivery and it is almost impossible to not have fun while sing Neil's songs. I was feeling. I let it roll. I even checked to make sure I hadn't done “I Am... I Said” in the first 365. It seemed to pass that test, but as I was preparing it for postage, I checked one more time. I had a funny feeling... Yep. In the last week of the first 365 in 2011, I “I Am... I Said"-ed hard. So back to the drawing board. A little extra work on a Sunday. I decided to post it anyway. Why not? What the heck.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 297 “Zsa Zsa Gabor”


I was being silly and started singing a song about Zsa Zsa Gabor. I said she is 94. Let me check and me see if that is true. Wow. It turns out she is 99. My friend Dan cast aspersion on her noble character, joking I'm sure but I censored it, 'cause I think censorship is great.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 297 “A Little from the Love Fest”



We went to an incredible party last night celebrating the marriage of our friends Laura and Dan. It was exactly as special as a party of that nature should be. Inspiring. Great music. Fine beverages. A cheese truck and some long-time friends. Great people. They called the party "The Love Fest" and it was a fitting moniker indeed. This song is a little happy hangover from the Fest. I brought a couple of the images that linger to life and then sang about love, because that is the reason for the season, every season. Cheers to Laura and Dan. We wish you a life of love and more of the excellence to exhibit each day you exist, Thanks for including us. We love you. Hope to hang again real soon.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 297 “1968” by Turnpike Troubadours



So, I thought I had a cover ready to go before I realized I already did “I Am... I Said” five years ago. So I thought, what should I do? Maybe I'll play the #1 song in the country, whatever that is. Well, miraculously I already did that tune, "Closer" by The Chainsmokers. I've still never heard it, but I did do it a couple weeks back.

Then, I thought, there's 68 days left in this 365. 1968 was one of the most interesting years in American history, so I wondered if there was a tune called "1968." I typed "1968" and "chords" into Google and found this tune by another group I've never heard of, "Turnpike Troubadours." Pretty straight forward and fun song to play. Sounds like it was written about a friend of theirs who died in 1968. I'm not sure. Hope you like it. Have a great day. Peace

No comments: