Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 307

To improvise is to be alive.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 307 “Meaning to Scream”


I was feeling good n' fired up the other day, making up some pretty neat ditties. It was fun. I sat and I saw a sign. It was the on the monitor behinds me. I felt the vibe and created. So this song is wung and by that I mean I winged it. So, I hope you feel the fun dark vibe in this one. Groovy.

Got gigs the next three nights; Open Mic tonight and Open jam tomorrow. Both hosting gigs. Both at Winston's, 1921 Bacon St. SD, CA 92107. Both from 6 to 9. Much love. Great times. Then Friday, an awesome and inspiring year of Acoustic Evenings at The Athenaeum concludes. Both Spring and Fall sessions were beyond my wildest expectations. Incredible experiences, honestly. John Tafolla, Lena Evans, and Justin Werner deliver the goods Friday night at 7:30, 1008 Wall Street. La Jolla, CA. Peace.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 307 “Landslide” by Stevie Nicks



So, I've talked a bit here about my work and much I dig doing it. In case you don't know I do much with special needs people. We do all kinds of musical things. I write songs for them to perform. I work with them on other songs that we play out from time to time. "Landslide" was one I thought my friend, Chelse here could sing beautifully. We worked hard on it for a long time and now I am delighted to be able to share that work here with you.

I also write and direct really fun Christmas musicals and our early work on "The Hunt for The Great Christmas Tree 4: One for the Ladies" couldn't be going more smoothly. It is deeply gratifying. I hope you enjoy this taste of what we do. It truly is a gift to live it and to get to pass that gift along is more rewarding than my ability to express it in words allows me to express. It is a profound and humble joy.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 307 “Powerful Women & Why Sports Matter”




Not the catchiest name I could have come up with for this. I've been practicing my radio rap a bit as of late. I mentioned this yesterday. Here's another all-over-the-place rant from my Monday talking work-out. Here. I hit a million topics in a few minutes. I talk about why women are powerful, what makes a great team, why we love sports, teams that embarrass, things I'm not responsible for and a different tact for Chargers coach Mike McCoy to consider. Honestly, there's probably 15 more things in there too, but you'll have to watch if youwanna know, I know Arnold Schwarzenegger and his second family came up, Daryl Boston, Bartolo Colon, shields...

We are all one. I try to prove it, by talking about every single thing each time I get going into a microphone. We have limited time to talk. Let's make sure we don't miss anything. 

No comments: