Sunday, October 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 311

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 311 “Colorado”



Not sure I’ve mentioned this but I love Colorado. Not enough to leave California, but definitely enough to visit any chance I get. In fact, I wish I could go visit ASAP. It is amazing there. I love my cousins Bevy and Art and the great Chase Livingston. I also respect their progressive laws, enabling adults to decide for themselves what to put in their body. Respect for adults, I love it. And now, California with Election Day just over a week away, may be following in their footsteps. I support freeness.

I was in Colorado a few years ago and was profoundly feeling this power the state and emboldened me with and I wrote an EP, about 6 songs about that great state. Hail Colorado. Here is one of those songs. Hope to see you all again soon.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 311 “Country Roads” by John Denver


Folks, please be careful flying. I was reading some details today on the historic and stately political career of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Poor folks have been cursed by losing dozens of people they worked closely with on unfortunate and ill-timed plane and car crashes, and shootings. My condolences to them on their extensive losses.

Further condolences also go out to John Denver, also the victim of a fatal plane situation. Today, we salute Colorado and Denver and their forward thinking ways on the 365. SO hail John Denver. Hail everyone who died too soon. Hail all the Clinton’s ex-colleagues. God rest their souls. And hail my dear friend Shannon, who passed away this weekend under what can only be described as confusing circumstances. Hail.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 311 “Wife Wisdom”


So, I was struggling to get my music groove on a sleepy Sunday. I tried and tried and fumbled and floundered. I have been mostly saving my selection of songs written for my Christmas plays. Did you know I direct and write Christmas plays for special needs adults? I do. It’s very gratifying.

I wrote this tune “Swiss Cheese” for one of those plays. I almost even shared it today. My wife had a few thoughts on that. Here, I share those thoughts with you..

Shout-out to 311, whose songs I did not cover, on Day 311.

No comments: