Friday, September 2, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 276

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 282 Edem Bastos - 12-23-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50iVwu6kOpo


Here is Edem Bastos on December 23, 2008, Christmas Eve Eve. This was recording at the Open Mic. I believe this is his song about "reefer." He is a heckuva guy, He lives in Brazil now and I miss him. He invited us to visit. I think we definitely should. Will we? I'd ask, but times not talkin'.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 282 "No Quarter" by Led Zeppelin - 2-3-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CFQ6iLmtxs


This was filmed on February 3, 2009, at the Open Mic. It was late. Bunny was running sound. I was refreshing with a piece of carrot cake and a St. Pauli Girl as time to change acts arrived. I casually approached the stage, prepared to entertain in the brief window of interact excitement. I sang "No Quarter," a capella. I ate cake and tossed a plate. The plate didn't break and I said, "No harm, no foul." Then, I sang it. I offered insight into how to use cake to solve crime. I wore a houndstooth blazer. Any questions?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 282 "20/20" by The Demarests
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKSs6gutSY


"20/20" was written by Scott Baslaw and myself. Together, we are The Demarests. "20/20" appears on our 2000 epic release "EMBARGO." "EMBARGO" is unavailable, but here and only here, now and only now, the Operation 365 is offering heretofore unseen access to "20/20," one of the finest Demarests tracks ever recorded. The Demarests have ruled since 1992. Do what you got to do, but always remember to love our tunes.

I tried a number of things today on the 365 with varying mixed results. Here are a lot of good attempts, which combined make an interesting video for The Demarests' first video single, 11 years after its initial release, "20/20."

I love Scotty and I love The Demarests.

No comments: