Monday, September 19, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 293

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 299 Don Truesdail "Sweet August" - 10-27-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0EIS0f9vOQ


Here is my main man Don Truesdail, back on October 27, 208 at The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library in La Jolla, CA. "Sweet August" was part of a set Don played at my Acoustic Evenings at The Athenaeum series that I produced in '08 and again in 2009. Earlier in the 365, I posted The Greens of Mind set from the 2009 show.

This show was special. Don explains his tunes a bit. It is in a majestic space for music and his wonderful wife, Nancy was filming it all from her smily spot near the front. Don loved Nancy entirely and I have learned just about everything I know about treating someone right in a relationship from watching the two of the interact. "Sweet August" is a love song Don wrote about Nancy and their whirlwind, overcoming all obstacles, storybook romance. I love them both loads. You like that, Don?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 299 "Listen to the Flower People" by Spinal Tap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaTewbk03aE


Destructo Bunny was over today. Our music sounds different but we sing about similar things. We want people to enjoy and appreciate their lives and nature. We advocate for doing what moves your soul and approaching others with kindness, collecting meaningful experiences, thinking of yourself as part of the world around you and acting in accordance with that. That we are all one essentially and that we should love each other as much as we can at all times. That type of stuff. Sadly, you rarely find them type of discussion on any of the million channels TV has to offer. Perhaps nobody cares about this kind of stuff. I doubt it though. It's just that people haven't been taught that that is cool. Money, sexy ladies in bikinis, big houses, big muscles, big cars, trainwrecks, these things are glamorized and adopted as ideas for people trying to blend in the world.

Guys like The Bunny and I prefer a vision of the world where pursue their passions, chase their dreams, and remake the world in an image that is positive and sustainable. Our world is absurd. We are along ways a away. I will feel like I have accomplished a great deal in this life if I can even bring these types of topics to the forefront in some sort of public forum. Where people talk of fixing the world in a loving and serious manner. Like problem solvers, like people with a vested interest in the out come of all this living.

Spinal Tap had their only #1 with "Listen to the Flower People" in 1967. They were on the hippie bandwagon and then that bandwagon crashed into the mass media. When it was all finished. hippie was left as a slur on the side of the road, dirty, drugged-out, disgraced. That's how it's stayed since then and ideals of peace and love sit with the "hippie" in the gutter, banished to uncoolness. I'm sorry I'm not buying it. Peace and love is cool and if everybody doesn't realize they need a re-educating as to what cool is. It's not their fault. They are spoon-fed peace and love on a million channels,, every day at all times. They are spoon-fed commercials. You want this. Buy it for yourself and be happy. So that is the challenge The Bunny and I have before us. Make our message cool by making danceable and groovy and hope people become confortable slowly outing themselves as folks who care about they way the world turns out. I do. I care a lot. It's why I'm alive. To try to help make a positive difference. Without people doing that, the world (and everything in it) will be sold and destroyed just to make the richest folks in it a little bit richer.

Change starts in the mind, You make it when you decide you want more with this life. There are no guns. There are no violent revolutions here. There is what you think in your mind and that's it. That's what matters. Control and change the world when you smile.

Shoutout to my dog, Nigel, who is named after on of the songsmiths who write this song, Sir Nigel Tufnel.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 299 "On the Edge of America"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h62gsBrC-xw


I was literally on the edge of America when I wrote and recorded this song. What a blessed life we live. Even though there is much madness afoot in our land these days, each instant we can breath fresh air and love one another is a huge blessing. I am not joking. I am 100% serious. I love my dogs and the simple fact that I can live. I have not lost sight of what a miracle that is. This why giving back is so important to me. I do not wish to be greedy with this gift that is my life. I want to help, to serve humanity, the planet, God, everything. I care. This is what is important to me. These are my dreams. They have nothing to do with what is on TV. They are what is important to me.

No comments: