Thursday, September 8, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 282

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 288 Robin Lee "Drifting" 4-16-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri73Ipw2TGk


I have been sharing Robin Lee's set with Jack Davidson from my birthday. April 16, 2009, these last few days. I plan to continue with this trend for the immediate future, until, I post the whole show or decide to post something else. Here is another one of Robin's awesome songs, "Drifting." Robin is super beloved by all the folks in our old circle. Things were fuller with her here. In too many ways to list.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 288 "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" by Rolf Harris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhyKLn7azA


Confession: My Aussie accent is awful, but you just can't sing "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" without doing one. It sounds ridiculous. You trying saying "Mind me platypus duck, Bill, mind me platypus duck, Don't let him go running amock, Bill, mind me platypus duck," and see how you sound. And "Let me Mongoose go loose, Lew, let me Mongoose go loose, They're of no further use, Lew, so let me Mongoose go loose," sounds no less absurd." Some of my notes may have been a bit off as well. I'm not familiar with the scales they use in Australia.

Fun song. Shout out to my mate, Greg Adshead, closely following the 365 from Down Under. He and I had some fun in Amsterdam in 2000. Hopefully, we'll have some more again before too long.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 288 "Fragrant Fruit"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yVvwflsP-0


Those of you wondering how my appearance on the radio went this morning, will have to ask me some time next week. One of the hosts was not feeling great and didn't make it in, so I was postponed until he's back. I can live with it. I was excited and we will do it next week. Life is unpredictable. For instance who cold have imagined Scott Proctor would somehow wind losing games for the Yankees again. He just blew the game two minutes ago. Boo. I thought Joe Torre took care of you the first time. I guess not. Oh well.

"Fragrant Fruit" is one of the final songs of I have left from my 5 pack of tunes I wrote late at night, a couple weeks ago. It has been hugely helpful here to have those tunes to choose from instead of having to dig deep into the archives or make a new song up every day. Shout out to my dear friends, The Truesdails, whose house is somewhat underwater in upstate New York in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene. Not cool, Irene. Truesdails, I am with you in spirit. Much love.

No comments: