Saturday, September 17, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 291

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 297 Joe Khoroosi - 6-27-09 - 24 Hours of free Music 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAJ_GY_7B90


My hard rives starting turning themselves on and off the other day. I need a huge hard drive so all my stuff can be better backed up. So, in the meantime, I am choosing from a smaller lot of videos then my normal massive library. Today, we are going to the rarely visited, 24 Hours of Free Music 2009. 2009 was not 2008 in about a million ways and 24 Hours of Free Music was one of 'em. It was still a great day though, in a lot of ways. Here is Joe Khoroosi with his pal Alan play a cool tune into a cover of The Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 297 "Tainted Love" - Soft Cell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPVlwFmWIxo


"Tainted Love" and Radar Love." The biggest challenge being a classic rock fan presents is not getting these two hits confused. Let's face it. It's next to impossible. On one hand, they don't really sound the same. On the other hand, they are both one hit wonders with "Love" as the second word in the title. Today, maybe, for me, they will separate themselves some.

Today, I find myself working another odd job. My friends at The Belly Up, one of the finest music venues in Southern California, needed somebody to drive around their cover band on the bill tonight. The band is called "Tainted Love." I picked them up at the airport and brought them to the Belly Up. Somebody forgot their big so I will be going back the airport picking up the bag and heading back up there to drive them to the gig soonish. Fun playing "Tainted Love." Much love.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 297 "The Snoring Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDc7QBgVl38


So my dear pal, J. Kipling Forde has been spending some time hanging out here and working on music with me lately. He worked himself sleepy last night. Here is a little jam we wrote after he fell asleep. I used his snoring as a percussion instrument and played ukelele with him. Madness. Delight. Music. As of this moment there 69 days left in the 365. After I post this, there will be 68.

No comments: