Friday, September 16, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 290

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 296 Sene Africa "More Awesomeness" - 4-15-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNHuZrDn_k0


I gotta be honest. I don't really think the name of this song is "More Awesomeness." If it was that would be shocking, because I made that up. I hate not having names for stuff so to differentiate from the clip I posted yesterday, I gave this one a name. "More Awesomeness." I named it based on what I thought of it, when I watched it. This "More Awesomeness" clip is one of the longest ones I've posted in the 365 so far. I'm pretty sure it's second longest. This one features all kinds of friends dancing and rocking out to the music.

The good vibe was fully in the house last night at Winston's. Everyone played great, had a good time. The show was a success. I am slow today, but that's OK. It was definitely a reunion of many friends featured here in this life art project. Seemed fitting that it was a reunion, because I start my new Open Mic next Wednesday at bar called The Reunion Pub. Pretty neat, huh. Seems real fitting. 8-11PM. The Reunion Pub is at 2205 Mendocino Boulevard, San Diego, CA

Sene Africa are Amadou Fall on kora and Ibrahima Ba on guitar and vocals. They are joined here by Abdullai on djembe and Laurel Grinnell on drums. They are awesome folks and I am proud to call them amigos. I was planning on posting this whole Sene Africa set and still am, but in research I realized I already posted the second song of the set. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl3LSSoUEdA

So, for those of you keeping score at home, that means the beginning was posted yesterday. The second song was posted months ago. That clip features Amadou dancing with Charbra's Barbara Tolbert. Much fun. And here is the rest. Awesome.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 296 "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8cpX8ciPM


Partied hearty last night after the Winston's gig. Fell asleep in the wrong place, by which I mean, not next to my honey, Leanne. Boo inebriation. Perhaps that's why "I Just Called To Say I Love You" was in my head this morning when it came time to play a cover for the 365. Stevie Wonder is awesome. I saw him in Vegas some years back with my old drummer, Phil, at the old Aladdin Theater. It was one of the best concerts I was ever at, easy. So, I gave it a go here today. Love you, honey. Can't wait to see you after your super long nap.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 296 "Sudden Funk"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5pZwlH-Kf0


So, my pal Dylan Avery filmed our show at Winston's last night in a trade for me watching his pooch Gordo for the last however long. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. He's going to make a little video of our stuff that we can use to get some gigs. After the show, we came back to my zone. He asked me to bust out my nylon string guitar, which is the one he learned to play on. It's a wonderful little Suzuki. Very fun to play.

So, it was still out this afternoon when it came time to play an original and this little instrumental jam, "Sudden Funk" came out of me. Sudden funk. Out of me. Feeling great the day after the show even if I'm lethargic and sleepy a little. it is a great sense of accomplishment. We played well. The bar did well. All my friends played well and/or had a good time. L'chiem.

No comments: