Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 302

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 308 Ean Greene "Sacrifice" 4-20-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvyn7rfM0i0


L'shanah Tovah! In honor of the Jewish New Year, I decided I would try to post a video form one of the Jewish stars of my Open Mic. So, pretty quickly, that limited me to two. Melissa Eisler is still trying to keep her mug off the interent and Im respecting it, so who does that leave
That's right folks, the man with the best name in the business. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeene! That's how I used to say it, back in the day. It's pronounced Ian, but I mispronounce it "een" or "ine" as in tangerine, and so forth. Ine.

I briefly toyed with the notion of posting the 2nd song form Blair and Kymythy's set at this 4-20-2010 show here. I have already posted the first song. It is Blair's birthday today. Blair is currently making the magic happen in the world of Seattle radio. Anyway, he and his lady sang, "Don't Bogart That Joint," and he lit a very jointish looking thing on fire. Must have been a stage joint... I felt the 365 might be better off with that footage left on the Cutting Room Floor. Happy Birthday Blair.

So, here is Ean Greene, from my final Open Mic ever at Portugalia. How great is it that my new Open Mic is (tonight) at a place called The Reunion. Couldn't be more apropos. The vibe is back and I couldn't be happier. My boss is even appreciative. It's been years. It is almost too good to be true.

Finally, it would be remiss to post a song called "Sacrifice," on a day like today without sending a huge, appreciate, and loving shout-out to all the folks occupying Wall Street, in a selfless attempt to save America and Americans from the epidemic of unchecked greed. I'm sure it's not easy out there. You're doing your country proud.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 308 "Shelter From The Storm"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrY6o1wpQgI


"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

L'shanah tovah. Happy Rosh Hashanah to everyone out there. In honor of the Jewish New Year, I am posting a song by the artist formerly known as Robert Zimmerman. Bob must be proud today, as America appears to have lifted its head from its ass as Americans are finally standing up down on Wall Street against a capitalist monstrosity that got out of control so very long ago. As unarmed protestors are sprayed by police lieutenants with pepper spray in clear view of rolling cameras, I say it is this broken system that best seek shelter. Yes, they still hold all the guns and all the money, but their injustice has been outed like Clay Aiken.

Yes, that's right, anybody who has not been blinded by their own greed can see, that things aren't right in America and haven't been for some time. The closer we look, the easier it will be to see what is wrong. People are waking up. They are beginning to act and as an American, I haven't been this proud in over a decade. If America is the great nation we have all been brainwashed to believe it is, that its constituents will continue to step up in the manner seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgr3DiqWYCI

On America, the outcome remains untold. It is great to see people care and are willing to stand up against unchecked corporate greed and for human rights, equality, justice in peaceful protest. Saul Alinsky, Martin Luther King J, and Mohandas Gandhi are all smiling on America now, Which is great. We can use all the help we can get. hope feels good. So is seeing that people care and they're not gonna stand for being stepped on anymore.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 308 "Occupy Wall Street (A Solidarity Song)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YB1KMtqWQ


I was so proud of my fellow Americans when I turned on my Facebook yesterday and saw in my news feed several posts about the protests on Wall Street and the police brutality that naturally followed them. I was equally proud when I saw a news report in the mass media, no less, that called this for exactly what it was, disgraceful behavior against peaceful protestors by the NYPD.

Part of me lamented that people didn't care anymore and Americans were just gonna sit idly by while the ultra-rich greed monsters in our world took everything for themselves shamelessly and soullessly. Apparently, that's not the way, it's going to go down. Thank God! So I offer "Occupy Wall Street/A Solidarity Song)" as a token of my appreciation and respect for the patriotic sacrifice that these protestors are making.

I wish to offer a point of clarification. I am not against rich people. I hope this song doesn't make it seem like I am. It may, but I'm not. What I am against though is anyone who feels entitles to 15 houses, 80 cars, 20 boats, while other people struggle and starve. I believe we are all equal and we are all one. I don;t believe everybody should have the same amount exactly, but I do believe, like I said, that it is morally wrong for such extreme disparty to exist. I believe the way the ultra-rich have stolen so much for themselves and now whine like babies at the mere thought of having to pay an equal % of their taxes, is disgusting.

So I made this little D-C-G number up as a token of solidarity, love and respect, to everyone protesting, everyone who thought their disapproval of the status quo made them a freak, anyone who posted or re-posted video of the police brutality in New York City and even the members of the mass media, who felt these actions for hideous enough that they deserved to be covered fairly. Hope is back in America. This kind of thing comes from citizens, those of us effected by daily events, not from politicians who take bribes and seek re-election.

No comments: