Saturday, September 3, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 277

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 283 Josh Damigo & Rob Deez "Gimme Some of That Sugar" - 2-7-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvk-B_1UNg


Rob Deez erroneously told me we'd be hanging out today, around now. He also told me that yesterday. I asked when he was free today. He said the whole day. I'm watching him on my computer screen instead. That's why I tape folks. So I can still see 'em even when they're being Frosted Flakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvtoJrK1Zg

Here is Deez with his extremely close friend, Josh Damigo. I have a bunch of wise-ass snappy comments, popping into my head, right now. I'm not going to write any of 'em. I especially like the part at the end when Josh Damigo says that I am the greatest host of all-time. Deez, I hope you're having fun on your vacation for going into people's tushies with a camera and checking out their poopshoots.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 283 "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel

I was trying to think of something that would be fun and coem naturally for today's 365. Being form back east when I was, Billy Joel is on our DNA. I sought out "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant," a Billy Joel classic. "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" tells the story for falling in love and falling into divorce, the wat the world was as the seventies became the eighties and I became a human.

It worked. I did have fun playing it. My voice is feeling better than it has been in awhile. I made a few biffs (mess-ups), but I'm going to let it go. The 365 is no place for a perfectionist. It is a sunny September San Diego Saturday. That was fun to do once. I didn't practice. Another six minutes or two later, it probably wouldn't be so fun, and I have two more videos to do.

Oh. Well, I guess I'm going to do it again anyway, because the audio didn't record. Dang!

Fail. Sweating my ass off, numerous tries later. Billy was right when he said "But you can never go back there again, oh oh, oh oh." I was right. It wasn't as fun. Onward.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 283 "Shiloh" by Neil Diamond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYXPF7gLks


What would be fun, quick, and painless? Hmmm... No more Billy Joel today... I arrived at "Shiloh" by Neil Diamond by way of "Rocket Man," by Elton John. I've always loved "Shiloh." It's my favorite Neil Diamond song, by far. It is quite epic. That's what you gotta love about Neil Diamond, the way he just puts it all out there, lays it on nice and thick. I believe I may have a dog named after this song someday. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 283 "Far-Off Place"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnwAjbTzi18


This is an only slightly haggard version of my tune, "Far-Off Place," off my CD "Red." I gotta admit, I haven't played it in a long time. With that said, I guess I did OK. Kinda forgot the chorus the first time. If you want to hear the real version, go here, http://jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com/album/red

"Far-Off Place" was one of those tunes I knew I needed to include in the 365 'cause we used to do it a lot and it has some significance in that way. I'm kinda 365'd out today. You know it's bad when I'd rather be cleaning my bathroom.

No comments: