Monday, September 12, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 286

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 292 Robin Lee "Be An Angel" 4-16-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udMARS2odL4


I don't know if "Be An Angel" is really the name if this tune. I actually kind of doubt, but she, Robin Lee, says that a bunch in the chorus so I'm going with it. I hate not having a title to list even more than I hate having the wrong title. It is so historically fallacious, which is almost good, but not really.

Eh, either way, at least the music is getting shared. Robin is an amazing individual, songwriter, and musicians, who has lived a rich and fascinating life. She shares her heart and soul in her songs and I feel blessed to know her and had the opportunity to enjoy her performances on so many occasions back in the day. Here, The Soul Mother of out little subculture, gets it one musically with Jack Davidson, who she was jamming with loads them. This was recorded on April 16, 2009 at my birthday party/"Blue" CD Release show. I am getting ready to release my 5th CD here real soon. Hail Robin. Enjoy. I believe there's on more song in this set that I've been posting for the last week in order. Dig it. I do.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 292 "Here Comes the Bride" by Richard Wagner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxyq9USrcVY


So yesterday, I had the pleasure and privilege of marrying two fine folks, now known as Jeremiah and Lauren Bryant. I was honored that they asked me and delighted to sit with them in their home a few weeks back and learn all the cool things about their love. I put together a nice little, short and sweet type ceremony and all went without a hitch. Well, they got hitched, but you know what I mean. So I figured even though Wagner's "Bridal Mach" was nowhere to be found at yesterday's festivities, I would bust it out here in honor of the newlywedded happy couple.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 292 "Lauren and Jeremiah"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jiwwyQBqRA


Yesterday, at about 1PM, I was getting ready to go officiate the wedding of these two fine folks, Lauren and Jeremiah. As I prepared, the lyrics to this song, popped into my head. They are based on the factual accounts I heard of the the courtship of these two lovely souls. I had sort of picked the chords a day or two ago, but the lyrics were the final step. I quickly finished writing and they typing up and then printing the song, and moments later I added to my short talk as the Reverend. People were calling me "Priest," and I thought that was pretty funny.

Everybody was very happy and appreciative. I would like to congratulate and thank Jeremiah and Lauren on the ir wedding and for allowing me to be a part of it. Everybody looked great and had a blast. I am extremely happy for you. Enjoy this tune and the rest of your lives together. Peace and love.

No comments: