Thursday, September 29, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 303

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 309 Chimney Fish "Intervention" 12-6-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq__hLPWqjI


Another wonderfully long day winding down. Today's archive is Chimney Fish from 12 Hours of Free Music, December 6, 2008, Blowski's birthday. Great young gentlemen, these Chimney Fish. I'm happy that they're my friends. This is a song by their frontman, Brett Walling called "Intervention." Enjoy!

Chimney Fish also featured Andy Davis, on drums, Jeff Shaefer on lead guitar, Luke Oskam on bass and honorary Chimney Fish member, The Soul Man on guiro. "I play with everybody." "Nobody plays like me." Two quotes there from the Man of Soul.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 309 "Hush, Little Baby" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ECqozYGR9E


Slightly burnt out on the Covers component of the Operation 365. I never even liked playing covers that much. I can never remember them still. The reason, well two reasons I stuck covers into this 365 here was two get more people interested by playing songs they know and to maybe get myself more into playing covers. People DO like them.

Well, now I've played one 309 days in a row. Thank God for the brevity of "Hush, Little Baby," a sweet, little, down home, lullaby. "Gkhuh-gkhuh-gkhuh!" - Roscoe P. Coltrane

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 309 "Andino"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgzb-VCl7Tk


Did I think I'd be writing a song about Robert Andino here today? Definitely not. Well, I love this man. I read everything readable about the Red Sox historic collapse today. The biggest collapse in the history of baseball. I loved every second of it and I love Robert Andino because without him, none of this would be possible. Andino, I owe you one. Consider this song a down payment. Keep smiling.

No comments: