Thursday, September 1, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 275

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 281 The Greens of Mind "Moondrop" 2-20-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dudrzj-pyN4


When I looked back I saw this was the 5th time I've posted The Greens of Mind's "Moondrop" on the 365, four if you don't count the one on the parade float. To me, that seems like a reasonable amount considering the unique nature of this tune and how neat I think it is. "Moondrop" features fictional beverages, a creepy ne'er-do-well, a naive damsel in distress... what can I say? I think one things modern music is missing is characters. A little acting. Remember David Bowie? Those were good times.

I've been enjoying reconnecting with my Greens brethren as of late. Yesterday, Charlotte James, violin, Justin Mills, cello, enjoyed food anf beverage with Leanne, Adrianna Martin-Mornigsytar and myself. It was delightful. Justin played me a few new riffs of his which, of course, were really cool. I've hung out with Barbara Tolbert some as of late as well. I regret to inform her her beetle lighter his died. My codolensces. Could a Greens reunion be in the cards. Stay tuned and find out, but first watch "Moondrop."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 281 "Michael, Row the Boat Ashore" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAUQN8cQXls


"Are those the actual lyrics?," Josh asked. "According to the internet, they are," I answered, implying that there is misinformation all over the web, so he should take that with a grain of salt. One lyric I'm fairly certain was wrong is where it normally says "Michael, Row the Boat Ashore," I said "Nigel, Row the Boat Ashore," because Nigel is my cute pooch and I like that better. I don't think that makes this an original song or anything, but I'm just saying.

In this video, our songwriting team of Josh Rodriguez, Leanne Pearl and myself are all together under one roof. Holy Rogers and Hammerstein, Batman! That's right. We write. Sometimes at day, but usually at night. Row that boat, Nigel. Row it!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 281 "No Rhyme or Reason"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N00L2emuoxw


I do believe everything happens for a reason, just sometimes it's hard to understand what that reason is. Just now I was enjoying a breakfast sandwich and a coffee at Your Mama's Mug. The proprietors, Bob and Judy, told me some story about a guy who bought a 5 dollar scratch ticket at the grocery store down the street and won $1,000 a week for 20 years. I just don;t get it. That guy probably bought a million of those, looked like he was flushing his money, and then wins a million bucks. Imagine how people's perception of this person must have changed dramatically in the aftermath of his windfall. All of a sudden you go from a guy wasting money, down on his luck maybe, to the envy of everyone you meet, because of a scratch ticket. It seems absurd to me.

No hating here, Good for the guy. It just throws me, that how much money you have is the indicator of how successful you are in this life and then you go fix all your problems by buying a scratch ticket. Life is a nutty adventure. I love this life. I just don't get it sometimes. If life is a test, I'd love to get my fingers on the answer key.

"No Rhyme or Reason" is a reggae tune I wrote about this all after I hit record on the camera.

No comments: