Sunday, September 4, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 278

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 284 Richard Romero and The Soul Man - 3-3-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0yeQFKBCGQ


In this clip, from the beginning of my Open Mic on March 3, 2009, Richard Romero and The Soul Man are joined two additional extremely talented musicians, Misha Borisovsky, on violin, and Amadou Fall, on kora. I have been good friend with Amadou for some time. We don't hang that much 'cause he is often around the world delivering his musical message to inspired folks everywhere. Enjoy this jam and have a nice Labor Day Weekend.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 284 "Lola" by Ray Davies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7smusVmyao


Who doesn't love this Kinks classic? People who've never heard it, perhaps? Well, besides them. I even like the Weird Al version "Yoda." Good times. I am a little worn down on the 365 this Labor Day holiday weekend. Please forgive. I'm gettin' the job done. May have slipped a couple chords on the "Lola," but no huge chunk-outs. Cheers to my fiend Chris Rex who loves The Kinks and guys like Lola.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 284 "Labor Day Eve"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C6fgW09G_o


"Labor Day Eve" is a little number I threw together with the cameras rolling to celebrate underrated and in some cases even, non-holidays. Christmas Eve. New Year's Eve. For sure. But Labor Day Eve... Why not, I say. Everyone gets the day off tomorrow and if that's not something to celebrate, what is? How about school starts the next day here in San Diego, and I can get back to work maybe and get some dough. Now, how much fun does that sound like, subbing and making money. Ahhh, the American Dream.

No comments: