Sunday, April 3, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 101

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 101 “Someone New” by Jefferson Jay

So I did again last week, wrote 24 tunes, bang bang. In this case, I wrote them all in a 24 hour period from Monday night to Tuesday evening. Pretty exhilarating, satisfying stuff. So even though, I haven’t yet finished posting the last batch of 24, “Someone New” is the first one I’m sharing of this most recent 24.

Fear not, Internet amigos, for it is not I who is seeking some new. Quite to the contrary, I love my special lady, Leanne. Couldn’t be happier. In news that may or may not be related, she just told me she had a dream a baby peed on her face. There is a lot to be said for never being bored, always being engaged and entertained. I love this life.

So, I wrote this tune from the perspective of another friend of mine, who’s been needing to extricate himself from an unhealthy relationship situation for some time now. Here’s wishing the best of luck to him and you, if you find yourself in one of those types of matters. It seems they’re almost an epidemic these days, unfortunately. If so, may this song be an anthem for you. You can do it. You deserve the best.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 101 “I Saw the Light” by Hank Williams

May the promenade of TV inspired anthems march on. Yes, I know "I Saw the Light," is familiar Americans from church and spiritual spectacles of that nature. Not for me. I never heard it until the finale of Season 1, "Orange Is the New Black." And what a moving scene it was. I cried and fell in love with this song forever. I learned it a few days later and have been playing it here and there ever since. As I covered the theme song to "Orange Is the New Black" aka "You've Got Time," by Regina Spektor yesterday, it seems we are really going in a very "OINTB" direction. I think I've gone about as far as I can go in this direction actually. 

Well, it's a beautiful song by Hank Williams even if it's not as devotional for me as it is for some other folks.  I am grateful and humble to have seen any light whatsoever, just as I am for being able to continue to live this life each and every day. It's a good one.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 101 “Folks Be Being Like Hella Resilient, Yo”

I've been doling out some pretty positive rants lately. I'm afraid I'm getting just a wee tad too serious with all this and while I mean it, I'm not sure I want to preaching the power of positivity every single day. Some days, we got to take things a little more lightly and have some fun. So as a nod to my desire to lighten up a little in my rants next week, I named this here pep talk, "Folks Be Being Like Hella Resilient, Yo." It's true. I knows me a lot of highly resilient folks. Life ain't easy. It's inspiring. 


No comments: