Friday, April 22, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 120

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 120 “Treat in Your Mind” by Jefferson Jay


So once I again I conjured a tune for your coolsters here in 365 city. Unlike yesterday’s creation, I made up the music for this one before I hit record. My pal, Dan, suggested, I dedicate the song to “Rice.” So I sang, “Mmmm, Rice.” I even strapped a metal bowl to my head. I’m not sure why.

I did a couple of other versions after. This was the fastest one. And I went with it. I tried a bridge ‘cause I was all feelin’ it. The bridge came out OK, I guess. I hope you like my jam. Maybe I’ll use “Mmmm, Rice” as today’s “Words” bit.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 120  “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister



It’s getting tougher to come up with covers I haven’t done yet. On one level, I know there’s hundred of Beatles, Led Zeppelin and other huge bands’ tune I haven’t done, not to mention countless one-hit wonders, but 500 tunes into 365ing, ya gotta dig a little deeper.

“We’re Not Gonna Take It” is way deep. I remember buying the cassette, “Stay Hungry” at Record World at Garden State Plaza Mall. The video was epic, especially to a 12-year old boy. When I started playing guitar and chords became available on the Internet, “We’re Not Gonna Take It” was one of the first tunes I grabbed. It’s amazing me it’s taken til now to share. Sharing… it’s caring, yo.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 120 “The Making of “Mmmm, Rice”+””


The amount of effort and silliness that went into recording this tune made me feel compelled to share it. Who’s to say rice doesn’t deserve a love song. Here’s swearing it does. Thanks to Dan Ratcliffe for the ricey inspiration.

No comments: