Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 124

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 124 “Love That Face” by Jefferson Jay


I’m extremely grateful. I feel blessed beyond humble, just so glad to get to participate in this great life each day. Perhaps it seems absurd to some to be so joy-filled in a world with so much suffering. But to me that’s the whole point, if you can’t celebrate when things are great (or when you’re just not suffering for you half-empty types), then in a way you’re always suffering, wishing things were better when they’re perfectly fine already. Greed is not realizing that you already have everything you need.

Those who are suffering need the rest of this to lift them up and provide and example of a meaningful and fulfilling life. It is there. There is love to be shared always.

My job provides regular reminders to me, of all the different challenges people can smile and laugh through, al the different ways to appreciate when you could easily complain. Perspective. Is the light at the end of the tunnel. It is the pot of gold at then end of the rainbow. If you have it, you have all.

I was playing “Love That Face” when some of the special needs adults I work with arrived for their afternoon class. They got it. Huge smiles, laughing, joy, some of it you can hear seeping into the microphone. It is life-affirming, rewarding and then some.

I even played it twice to milk the moment, basking, professionally. When I did my most recent chunk of 24 tunes at once ”Love That Face” was number 24, the ol’ last but not least thing. I knew this was a touching one when I wrote it. We’ve got to love our own face, love ourselves. That is the first step to healing our world and then the world we share with others, with love.

I am serious.

I love you. There’s plenty of love to love everyone on the planet. Even strangers, or as I prefer to call them friends you haven’t met yet. It’s not like to you have to BE IN LOVE with everyone, just more like genuinely and passionately wishing everyone the best. It’s a quest and test, a challenge for our chest. Nothing more and nothing less.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 124 “Lovely Rita” by The Beatles

I built myself a pretty strong, swift affection for a tune called “5000 Candles in the Wind” last night. I don’t watch much actual TV, but I dabble in the Netflix on occasion for some relaxation and a late night ha-ha, I’ve enjoyed recently is “Parks and Recreation.” I know its old but I’ve never seen it before so it is new to me.

In an episode I enjoyed while managing the mass of data that is this here 365 2, a touching tribute was shared to a beloved member of their Pawnee community, L’il Sebastian. I will play this song. I just love it so much that I am compelled to do it as well as I possibly can. That, I assure you, is a slippery slope. Just try to something and you will get it done. Try to do something great, and prepare to be trying for awhile. It’s not a mindset conducive to making great art. Haha. I’ll manage… tomorrow.

For today, I play this Beatles classic I’d never played before this morning. Enjoy “Lovely Rita.” Hail Sgt. Pepper.

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 124 “A Day of Love”

Shouldn’t every day be a day of love. I believe so. It is our only hope and it is the only way, so today we extrapolated on that just slightly. It’s a simple point, There’s no reason to make it too ornate. A plain an honest massage from me to you.


I  love you.

No comments: