Saturday, April 9, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 107

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Originals – 107 “You Can’t Wait” by Jefferson Jay


Here, we continue down the road of 24 tunes I wrote about a month ago. As I go through these jams, posting and listening and watching, this batch of jams appears to be a call to action for me to do something. What? I wish I knew. Keep pushing forward? Reach out more? Perhaps that will be the next domino to reveal itself in this here terrific mystery that is life.

Well, apparently, whatever there is that needs to be done, there is some sense of urgency. Gosh, I wish I knew what it was I needed to do. I hope that that’s the next domino to rip it’s clothes off and nakedly show me what I need to do. Until then, videos, good vibes, love, creativity, learn, repeat.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers– 107 “Wagon Wheel” by Bob Dylan & Ketch Secor

"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

So, this version of “Wagon Wheel” is OK. There sure have been many versions of this tune popping out in recent years. It’s become one of the most covered tunes in the history of my Open Mic. I learned in researching this jam, that Bob Dylan wrote the chorus as a throwaway in 1972. It was a extra piece he didn’t use off the soundtrack to the movie we was doing then. In 1995, that Ketch Secor fellow, at age 17, later of Old Crow Medicine Show, write the rest of the tune. It became a huge hit. When you’re Bob Dylan, that happens.

I'm blessed to realize amazing things happen in my life too. Last night, I presided over one of the greatest shows I've ever been a part of. Raelee Nikole, Israel Maldonado, and Mark Goffeney all raised the roof in an unforgettable way last night at The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, in La Jolla, CA. It moved me in a way that isn't going to fade any time soon. Mark Goffeney has no arms and played this tune, and all the other ones he played, with his feet last night. It simply must be seen to be believe. Google that. In fact, I saw it, and still remain in disbelief at every incredible aspect of it. He told me when I interviewed him before the show that he felt, "lucky, blessed, and humble." Amen, my friend, amen. Color me rocked.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 107 “Thank You So Much”

This is just a little message of gratitude to Mark Goffeney, Israel Maldonado, Raelee Nikole, The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library in La Jolla, CA, and everybody who came out last night on what was an unforgettable evening of music and good vibes. 



No comments: