Friday, April 15, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 113

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Originals – 113 “Every Day I Get to Be Me” by Jefferson Jay

Have I mentioned that I love this life? If I haven’t, now is time. I do. How wonderfully blessed we are. Even when tough times confront us, we can rise up and handle those challenges too. Some of my friends who do this daily and manage to maintain a positive attitude roughly all the while, are featured here in this video.

I work at St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center, which is a place special needs adults go during the day and have stimulating and enriching fun. I am honored to work there, I have meant many, many inspiring people, who help me maintain my rosy perspective on life each day.

Here, Charlie, Chelse and Bryce, unofficially referred to as CBC, perform a tune I wrote for them, at the El Cajon Public Library on April 9, 2016. They crushed it. They had fun and I am very proud. I have mentored and coached them on their music for years now and I love watching them continue to grow as people and performers.

Here they play “Every Day I Get to Be Me,” a song I wrote just for them. That’s why it has their names in it. I think showcases what they are all about, their positive disposition, their love for music, performing and other beautiful natural things.

I am thrilled with what these guys have done with this heartwarming jam and couldn’t think more highly of them. As much as I teach them, they, and the other folks at St. Mad’s, teach me more. Congratulations to St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center on 50 years, (this year) of making a positive impact on people’s lives in San Diego County.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 113 “What Deaner Was Talkin About” by Ween
 
  
So, now is the time, we begin to bring in the friends on this here 365. Months ago, on an aside I mentioned “Attention All Artists: Coming Soon.” Well, what I meant by that, is I’d love to get more people involved however and whenever on this project. I am taking requests, guest producers, guest musicians, guest songwriters... anything really that makes this project more engaging, anything that makes it not just my project, but yours as well. It’s our world, may as well be our 365 too, I say. If you have thoughts, feelings, opinions, or requests, please make them known to me ASAP, and I’ll do what I can with ‘em all.

Just yesterday, an old friend did this and I was thrilled that he thought of me. Before I even moved to San Diego, probably about 1999, I visited. I stayed at an incredible commune-like pad in Del Mar on 10th Street. It was truly magical, a special place. I visited their often, after my initial visit helped me decide to make San Diego my home in 2000. One of the friendliest faces in the whole wonderful bunch was a man named James, a.k.a. Miz. What a guy. I was feeling a pull toward San Francisco for a big event this weekend. I believe that is his home now, but I couldn’t make it, so cheers to James for feeling the vibe and reaching out. To honor that, here is a quick turnaround on your request from yesterday, Ween’s, “What Deaner Was Talkin About.” It was very fun to play. I think that will be evident to viewers. Thanks for picking this tune, Miz, and thanks always for being in touch. That’s what friends are for. Keep smiling. Keep shining. Knowing you can always count on me. For sure.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words– 113 “The Invisible Bandit”

Many of you know, I dip my toe in a lot of pools, professionally. I am very proud to announce my newest venture and that is professional wrestling management. That’s right, folks. My manager name is “The Gift of Gab” and my first official client, and watch carefully, folks, ‘cause he’s coming to your town. I am proud to announce my first official singing. The Invisible Bandit.

He has done great work dominating all sorts of opponents overseas for some time now. He wished to take it to the next level and that is where I, The Gift of Gab, come in. Ready to make our presence felt and earn the hundreds of millions of dollars that this lethal competitor will certainly be loading our bank accounts with.

There is no answer for this man’s power. It is truly unsurpassed. And there is no answer to his finisher, the greatest hold in the long history of professional wrestling, The Invisible Lock. What are you gonna do? You won’t even see it coming but when those massive invisible arms wrap themselves around your neck, you’ll wish you’d been watching. But it will be too late…

Watch now, ring lovers, cause my awe-inspiring client will be leaving your little town in the dust soon. Our only goal is to fight in the heavens with the other Gods, as they are the only, THE ONLY!, ones who stand any chance, toe- to-toe with the greatest in-ring competitor never seen, my client, The Invisible Bandit. Woo!

No comments: