Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 117

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 117 “Oh Well” by Fleetwood Mac


Hello. Here is one of the many jams I was exposed to as a youth by my main man, Chris Scelzo. He was a year older but ages older in experience. He’d play classic rock tunes on an acoustic guitar and we’d sit around and sing along or listen. I loved those days. They were simple times and I had never enjoyed the poetry of sitting in a circle with guitars and singing.

Other times, we’d drive around in his Hyundais. Diners, Delaware, wherever we felt like heading, we would go. He would educate me on the 70s music. I learned quickly to love deep cuts from Fleetwood Mac, Bob Welsh, Mott the Hoople, The Kinks, and several others. This was one and finally, all these years later, I can play it. And now I did. For you.

I think I wrote “119” instead of “117” on the curtain credits screen. Oh Well.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words– 117 “You Like Elvis?”

One of my favorite special friends at my work has a triumvirate of requests she makes each time she sees me. They go like this, “Elvis… Baseball… YMCA…” She sings along as best she can, usually on the choruses. “Baseball” means “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” She sings the “1,2,3” part. It is good clean fun.

So this time, when she made her request, we joked a little. She pointed her finger and told me she just got into Elvis today. Good times. Hail her. Hail everyone. Always.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Originals – 117 “Meant to Be” by Jefferson Jay

“Meant to Be” is one of the last lingering ones from that first batch of 24 tunes I wrote at once, a month or so ago now. Here, I played it twice (well, once-and-a-half, really). First I played it slow, just to try it out, and then I played it at the faster speed I wrote it at. I flipped the order of the performances for this video.


Let me know which you like better if you care to cast a vote. We took a poll of the special needs folks in the room and there were votes for both versions. Like the New York primary, for which folks are voting as we speak, the final verdict remains unknown. Go Bernie!

No comments: