Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 103

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 103 “Enjoy the Green Days”


I found myself fatigued by all the oppressive sense-making coming out of this here portion of the 365, so I decided to do something about it. I have no idea what this guy is talking about here… or do I? Perhaps this statement is SO deep that it will take me years, maybe decades to fully understand the deep shit that’s coming out of my mouth. Who’s to say? Not I, my friends, not I. Maybe when I do ascertain the meaning of it all, it will change the world forever. Maybe.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 103 “Entertainment Tonight” by Michael Mark

May our tributes to the TV shows of yesteryear soldier on. Today, I play “Entertainment Tonight,” which to my shock and dismay, was not written by John Tesh. I honestly figured it had to be. How could it not? Here I shred the 80’s version of the theme. I admittedly have no idea how much or little they’ve changed this tune since then. It’s exactly the kind of show I try to never see, with much success. Thank you.

It is a fun riff to play and once in awhile when I do, someone in my age range will recognize it. It’s quite a thrill. Well, woo hoo to you too. Go dig on some ET. Phone home…

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 103 “Live Your Dreams” by Jefferson Jay

“Live Your Dreams” is an uplifting and optimistic little ditty, wrote during one of my recent songwriting binges. I believe this is one of the offspring of my first 24-song barrage, not to be confused with my second one. OK, I admit it. I'm confused. Maybe. I'm confused to whether I'm even confused at this point. Too many tunes. What ya gonna do? Could be much worse problems to wake up to.  This song pays a slight homage to another tune of mine called "For Life," form my most recent CD, "Hallelujah Expressway," available at at www.jeffersonjay.com, iTunes, Spotify, Bandcamp and wherever awesome music can hardly be given away online. It's a great time to be a musician. That's a tad facetious, perhaps. It's a great time to be alive. That is not. 

Love. 


No comments: